Gander Mountain AR switch, What would you do?

leader

My buddy was looking at GM guns online and found a Bushmaster carbon with red dot for a good price shipped to his local store.
Well he got it today and got it home and started looking it over and found it had a 10 round mag and pinned stock. Well he calls GM and says uh this is NOT what I ordered this is a NY compliant model. Customer service stammers a bit and says well they got a load in and mis labeled them online. Well my friend was polite but let it be known it was unacceptable. GM gave him the option to return for full refund or give him a $50 gift card, said they have gotten a call from EVERY person that ordered one.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

also on the pinned stocks, can the pin be taken out or stock replaced?

Sako

that does not surprise me at all.... After all GM constantly is ripping people off....

scn

Supporter
leader said:
scn said:
I wouldn't want that model for several reasons. I'd let them restock it where the sun doesn't shine.

What reasons are those?

1.Bait and switch by GM
2.Lesser product than he ordered
3.Being stuck with a PC version of the rifle
4.Having a ridiculous sized magazine
5.Dealing with a company that would even purchase a PC rifle

Need any more?

Nimrod777

Supporter
A full refund of what? The purchase price?

Or the loss of expectations, the time spent waiting for the order to arrive, the time spent having to call GM and discuss it with them, the handling and shipping and time involved in packing everything back up to send back to them?

So it will make them happy to pretend it never happened. But then, they're not out anything.