Game warden??

T

TomBanks

Is there anyway to contact a game warden that is higher up than just the local game warden? Iv had numerous issues with poachers (one in particular) and it seems like nothing is ever really done. It’s almost like the local officers are scared of this guy or something. I work my butt off to pay for the farm I have and the equipment and put a countless number of hours into planting foodplots and improving the habitat to make the hunting better. I let 3 1/2 and some 4 1/2 year old deer walk to try and reach maturity. I do all this and then I get road hunters riding by shooting deer. I actually had pictures of this one guy in particular walking into my property during bow season with a rifle and dragging a doe out minutes later. The whole episode took place on my hidden trail cam. What made me even more frustrated was it was one doe that I saw every afternoon that had 2 very young fawns so I had already made up my mind to pass on her for the season. I called the game warden on this and supposably he went and gave him a ticket for this. As the season went on I have one shooting house that is fairly close to the road that I can see everybody that comes down the road when the leaves fall off. It seems like every time I sat there I would see this same Poacher over and over riding the back road my farms off of that is well over 5 miles from where the guy lives. Then about 3 weeks ago there was a blue Heron that came up shot on my pond minutes after a friend of mine called and said that this guy was parked on the side of the road at my farm. Nothing was done about this at all. So fast forward to yesterday afternoon I go hunting and see a good number of deer one really good 3-4 year old that I really wanted to make it one more year just to see what he turned into came out 30 minutes before dark and fed in my standing beans until dark. So I knew he had made it unless he got shot in youth season which I had told my daughter that she could shoot him if he was to present the opportunity. Then I get a text from my neighbor this morning asking if I had shot a deer yesterday because there was one that had been shot multiple times in his field and was dragging himself around by his front legs and he had to call the game warden to come put it down. So this deer had to get shot this morning or sometime last night. From the fresh blood that was there and where you could see they shot the deer it almost had to be this morning. This makes me sick. And once again I’m sure nothing will be done. I’m not 100 percent sure it was the same guy that did this to but if I had to guess it was. He’s a lowlife around 30 that doesn’t work and rides around drinking daily. Has multiple DUI’s but still nothing happens. I wish I knew somebody that would come in here, set up a decoy or something and hand it to this guy. I guarantee you that he would be caught the first afternoon

H

Hduke86

I’m not sure about the higher up thing with another warden, but I hate it for you with lowlifes and I would think about setting up a video camera somehow that would show him driving up and actually record the violation he is doing but good luck with your place and above all be safe cause someone driving around drinking and shooting could turn out to be bad

duckduck84

duckduck84

Trash like that deserves to be shot and left to suffer.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

rem270

rem270

Supporter
I'd catch him riding up and down the road and call the police and tell them some guy is driving crazy on the road. At least then maybe he'd get another DUI and be gone for a short while.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
I had very good luck by going up the chain of command.
Remember a couple things.
Just because you don't SEE something being done doesn't mean nothing is being done.
Also, everyone has a boss.
Best of luck!

Might need to clarify what I mean by going up the chain of command.
I started with the local officer and was told if I didn't like the results go to his boss and then to his etc.
I only made 1 phone call.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

gobblegrunt

gobblegrunt

rem270":y0hqvbx6 said:
I'd catch him riding up and down the road and call the police and tell them some guy is driving crazy on the road. At least then maybe he'd get another DUI and be gone for a short while.
This is one way to get him if you get no help from the game warden.

T

TomBanks

Thanks for the responses. It just gets very aggravating with the same ol people. Oh yea I forgot to add that when my dad climbed in one of my shooting houses Saturday my buddy heater was gone!!

duckduck84

duckduck84

losthunter":16sx613j said:
Sent you another pm, not sure what happened to the first one.
You sent it to me or I got it somehow lol

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

B

BDS05

At least you can get in touch with your local warden..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

X-Tennessean

X-Tennessean

Not to hijack your post but I wanted to let you know you are not alone!!!

Season before last I acquired a new farm by leasing it, the neighbors had been hunting it without permission and got pissed that I leased it. I asked them to remove their stands which they never did as I finally took them down and laid them across the fence after season. In front of these stands was a pile of corn that was unreal!!! I called my local warden seeking advice and all he told me to do was clean it up best I could and if anymore showed up give him another call, my issue with this was I live out of state and was afraid I would show up one Saturday morning to hunt and daylight approaches and BAM there is a pile of corn then here comes Mr. Green Jeans....could you say set up !!

Last year I had a friend who lives down the road call me and say "man you may wanna watch the next time you pull in the gates, I was headed to town and the sun was shinning just right that I caught a glare. I slowed down and there are NAILS AND SCREWS everywhere in front of your gates".

I show up and sure enough they are everywhere AND at the ditch crossing!! I take pics and call the Sheriff dept and file a report, deputy comes out and all he wants to know if I have pics.....umm NO
Now the good part!!! I have another farm that is several miles away on the NORTH side of town, my nephew and I decide to hunt it the very next morning and guess what........yep same style NAILS AND SCREWS in the gap entrance to the field....Ended up picking up 17 pounds between both places.

I go down the road to the neighbor to see if they had seen any strange activity and ask to keep an eye out when his grandson (22 year old) comes out and says "I did see a young guy down there yesterday, looked like he was picking sticks up and throwing toward your gap. He was parked in the road and I came to a stop then he motioned me around him"!!! He ended up identifying him and the vehicle then I showed him pictures off Facebook that matched his description to a "T". He agreed to give the deputy a statement and go to court if needed so I relayed everything to the deputy that filed the report previously. THEY NEVER MOVED FORWARD WITH IT.....just dropped it like a hot potato.
Did I mentioned this individual worked for a screw company??!!!!

This past Thursday my nephew calls and says I found a pile of corn on us, again I call the GW and have him meet down there this time. Take him to the pile of corn on me which is 50 yards from a box blind on the neighbors property across the fence!! The GW had told me over the phone chances are he will not be able to do anything IF the corn is not in plain sight of the blind by it being on a "different property". He determines that it IS in sight and about that time here comes the dude driving back there in his truck, officer has small talk and then asks "do you know anything about this pile of corn" neighbor replies with a "YEP, it's mine...there is a pile here, there, over there and another one here" but we don't hunt over it but just 10 minutes ago he stated his boy had killed two deer!!
GW says "you do know you were trespassing" and the guys says nope that is our property.... Remember when I said fence earlier? The entire farm is clearly fenced with 48" welded wire and barbed wire and you could even see the survey tape that is still at the corner marker but that is THEIR property.....I don't think so!!!

I even pulled up the Property Viewer which shows the boundary markers and showed the GW along with another app that GPS marked where we were standing exactly!!
All in all it was a waste of my time and effort that made me look like a fool.......
The officer told me before he left he wished they would legalize baiting as there are still way to many deer and cut down on a lot of these calls, I agreed with him on the baiting issue but as of currently IT WAS NOT LEGAL and IMO he had every bit of evidence he needed before him even with a confession.

Sorry for such a long rant and I did not want to hijack your post but my friend you are not alone!! I have no idea what it is going to take to get things changed but something NEEDS to be done.
The ol' sayin "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" is hitting home and needs to STOP!! lol

It pisses me off to no end and I hope you get your issue straightened out, hopefully not with the same results I had.

M

Mattt

I've had no luck with Twra. I have to deal with it myself. A lot easier to get criminal
Charges than wildlife violations. I don't mind the fistfights and I don't carry a gun so far I've come out ahead.

T

TraumaSlave

TWRA put a known killer away by me and I'm Soo thankful. Behind the scenes goins on isn't always apparent. Sometime they just have to make the bust worthy.