Game cart

Simpleman.2

I know you mentioned a game cart but I highly recommend a sled over the cart unless you have logging rodes/ATV trails to where you'll be hunting....A jet sled is a much better option in the woods and off the beaten path from my experience using the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Simpleman.2":3g4cbrhg said:
I know you mentioned a game cart but I highly recommend a sled over the cart unless you have logging rodes/ATV trails to where you'll be hunting....A jet sled is a much better option in the woods and off the beaten path from my experience using the two.

This is on state land so I walk down a old road 1.2 miles before I ever turn into the woods now I'm 200 yards from the road bed. Would you still recommend a sled?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JeepKuntry

I have a game cart that I got off of Amazon. Wish I had bought a sled instead. Hope to use my 4wheeler on our lease to make things easier.

Simpleman.2

reloadxx":2vyok33e said:
Simpleman.2":2vyok33e said:

This is on state land so I walk down a old road 1.2 miles before I ever turn into the woods now I'm 200 yards from the road bed. Would you still recommend a sled?

I would probably go with the cart in that situation since you're going down the road for 1.2 miles, but pretty much any other scenario I'd go with a sled. The sled is much easier to get up over logs/brush and slides really good in leaves.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Simpleman.2":2ib7q1ys said:
reloadxx":2ib7q1ys said:
Simpleman.2":2ib7q1ys said:

I would probably go with the cart in that situation since you're going down the road for 1.2 miles, but pretty much any other scenario I'd go with a sled. The sled is much easier to get up over logs/brush and slides really good in leaves.

Which sled do you have ?

Simpleman.2

If you type in "jet sled" on google a whole list of them will pop. There's a few similar sleds for cheaper at Tractor Supply and Academy.

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Simpleman.2":2dwjx1nf said:
If you type in "jet sled" on google a whole list of them will pop. There's a few similar sleds for cheaper at Tractor Supply and Academy.

Thanks bud

PickettSFHunter

The Hawk brand deer cart is very nice. That's what I use to go deep on public
land. Double axles that rotate independently to crawl over logs and such. The cons are that it doesn't pack away as tightly as other carts.

Grnwing

Would quartering and packing out your deer be easier than dragging it 1+ miles, I just quarter them and pack them out, a lot easier than dragging a sled/cart in and its easier to traverse terrain with it on you back versus pulling it behind you. JMHO.

DaveB

I have a cart from Sportsmans Guide, works very well on flat or sloping ground.

As a sled I used a plastic snowsled....to my surprise it worked well. Did not tear up like I thought it would.

None of them are good going up a steep incline. They do not like sideways.

CATCHDAWG

Grnwing":1amllhif said:
Would quartering and packing out your deer be easier than dragging it 1+ miles, I just quarter them and pack them out, a lot easier than dragging a sled/cart in and its easier to traverse terrain with it on you back versus pulling it behind you. JMHO.
^^^this^^^

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Grnwing":13mx5ak0 said:
I have never gave this a thought because my butcher will not take any deer quartered up. I guess I could butcher them myself

ImThere

Southern Cart Company
b7b209674b552abbf0ae080bb1c99b77.jpg

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
reloadxx":2zv92hyu said:
Simpleman.2":2zv92hyu said:

My group uses a cart for bringing deer 1+ miles out on national forest land since 2001. Back in 2000 one of the guys got 8pt and 4 guys drug for over 6 hours to get it out. Have logging roads but it's steep in some spots I hunt, so I bought a high dollar roll up sled from sportsman guide. packed in great, but the strings were weak and the sled got holes in it after a 3 mile hike out. lots of brush and rocks. recommend one that has the wheels kicked in at a angle. Also one the guys bought a fold up model and takes it back on the first day of a week long hunt, locks it to a tree and brings out his deer, then hauls it back again the next day till the trip is over.

Attachments

• DSC01601.JPG
    DSC01601.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 3,614

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Here is another pic of a deer on the cart and where the fog meets the pines is where I park.

Attachments

• DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 3,613
  • DSCF0713.JPG
    DSCF0713.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 3,610

Simpleman.2

Shooter77":5t2flesm said:
reloadxx":5t2flesm said:
Simpleman.2":5t2flesm said:

My group uses a cart for bringing deer 1+ miles out on national forest land since 2001. Back in 2000 one of the guys got 8pt and 4 guys drug for over 6 hours to get it out. Have logging roads but it's steep in some spots I hunt, so I bought a high dollar roll up sled from sportsman guide. packed in great, but the strings were weak and the sled got holes in it after a 3 mile hike out. lots of brush and rocks. recommend one that has the wheels kicked in at a angle. Also one the guys bought a fold up model and takes it back on the first day of a week long hunt, locks it to a tree and brings out his deer, then hauls it back again the next day till the trip is over.

Yeah the actual hard plastic sleds are way better than the roll out kind and can take a beating. Mine was in the bed of my truck in a car wreck and it's perfectly fine. They're built tough!
4dd5ed449211bb4448792f1e82a4b9fe.jpg

I too hunt National Forest Land and have to drag a lot of deer for my myself and my brother who is allergic to deer hair. I've definitely put the sled to the test and it has more than exceeded my expectations. Most of the spots I hunt however are off the beaten path and have rough access. That's where the sled is king. However, if you're primarily going to be using it for logging roads and atv trails I would take the cart.

Latest posts