Gallatin Steam Plant questions

MidTennFisher

Stop posting his name! No need to put a target on someone's back. Talk to him personally if you have an issue with what he did and whatever you do, don't go telling TWRA. That will likely result in even further restrictions to fishing that area.

RUGER - Can you remove his name from this thread please?

Aquaholic

He has been spoken too before..... I havent put a target on his back , he did, he took it upon himself to put all of our fishing up there at risk, If hes one of your buddies you need to talk to him, Its not TWRA that he has to worry about , Its TVA and the rest of the people that fish up there....

On a side note I wish they would keep the Barrier up from now on, fishing up there in the last 2 years has been the best it has ever been since I have been fishing up there since 1991.....

MidTennFisher

I wish they'd remove it. Anyone else wondering how this guy managed to survive the extreme danger going over it to get a lure... TWICE?? He must have angels constantly looking over him. The barrier is unnecessary and I do have a major issue with TVA or TWRA, whoever is responsible for putting it there, keeping us from fishing an area of public water most of us would love to go fish. If we're perfectly allowed, thought it would be foolish, to paddle our kayaks below any dam in Tennessee regardless of generation schedule then why shouldn't we be allowed to paddle closer to the discharge?

Aquaholic

It has to do with construction of the scrubbing tower....nothing to do with the discharge... .....when it does open back up the fishing will not be as good as it is now.....these last.2 winters have been the best fishing ever...no boat traffic up there has created a sanctuary which has allowed the fish to feel comfortable feeding there like they do....open it back to traffic and that goes away....I've fished the Steamplant for close to 25 yrs....

MidTNKayakAngler

Enjoy your fishing now while the barrier is there. Because when it is removed you'll have 3x more boats there, people entering and exiting the channel on plane, pontoons anchored in the middle if the channel drifting 5-6 lines of live bait, people pulling planer boards up and down the channel. I've only lived here for 5 years, and have been fishing the area for 4 years, so I'm not familiar with how it was years ago in the glory days.

Aquaholic

These are the Glory Days RIGHT NOW......when the Barrier comes down it will go back to the way it was when a 5 fish day was great a GREAT DAY,Top Water action was very very rare .....My best day till last winter was a 5 fish day back in 1998....all fish were over 30 lbs and 2 were over 40...

The Barrier is probably the BEST thing to happen to fishing at the Steam Plant....The only thing better would be to leave the Barrier up and open back up to foot traffic....

Latest posts