Trapper

Just thought I would let everyone know If anybody wants to go

Attachments

• 97761DCB-12B6-46D3-B49B-92315378394C.jpeg
    97761DCB-12B6-46D3-B49B-92315378394C.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 183

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
If only the price was like they used to be in the 80s. I could almost buy a dozen victor 1 1/2 coil springs with a good coon. Pretty much any coon would bring $20. I imagine the turkey population would be much better with the fur prices of yonder years.

Trapper

When I was selling international Russia was a big buyer in raccoons, not for sure what they was making with them besides jackets and trim's for them . But that was around 2014

Last edited:

Trapper

I'm afraid with the current prices on fuel you are going to see the prices even dropped more . The guy I've been selling to said his beaver prices had increased but wasn't saying to what but I say that has changed now since fuel has gone up .

swd

I'm afraid with the current prices on fuel you are going to see the prices even dropped more . The guy I've been selling to said his beaver prices had increased but wasn't saying to what but I say that has changed now since fuel has gone up .
Fuel prices may drive up fur prices. It was hurting my feelings running the line with gas prices where they were in February. With prices as they are now, I won't do it at all. All of the places I trap are at least a 60 mile round trip from home.

Trapper

What sales I've seen out west in the past few weeks everything has dropped. I understand what you mean about the mileage there is 2 farmers I help out that's 48 miles from my house one way to the first swamp and just a few more miles down the road to the other . If I do it next year someone will be paying or at least a tank of gas per week I'm over there .

Shanman

When I was selling international Russia was a big buyer in raccoons, not for sure what they was making with them besides jackets and trim's for them . But that was around 2014
Knowing Russia and China use a ton of fur, makes me wonder how the present conflict with Ukraine will affect things.

Trapper

I talked to the buyer the other day and he was saying that the war between the 2 has dropped the prices again . So with that being said I will hold all of my fur or sent it off to be tanned and sale it that way . He also told me that he would not be buying coons , coyotes,opossum and mink there is no market for them .