Funny fishing story

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Back several years ago Stretch and I would go to LBL and turkey hunt the week of the non-quota hunt.
After a couple years we figured out that we could turkey hunt in the mornings then fish so we started bringing the pop up and a boat.
Then after a year or so of that we figured out we were hunting less and less and fishing more.
The year after that our hunting trips turned from hunting to hunting / fishing and finally to just fishing.

On one particular trip we got there and got camp set up and the weather & water were just about right to fish the bushes for bass.
We were in Chestnut at Piney and we both decided we would take the long walk, about 30 feet, to the water and pitch a few bushes from the bank.
We both set out to rigging up a rod and we both laughed when we turned around and saw we had both tied on the exact same bait. LOL
Pumpkinseed lizard with yellow dip on the tail.

I walked down and pitched out past a bush and worked the bait back towards the bank and bush as close to the bush as possible.
I caught one that was about 2 pounds. First cast.
Second cast I threw on the opposite side of the bush, 3 pounder.
Third cast I threw between that bush and a second bush and caught one that was pushing 4 pounds.
I walked back to the pop up and stretch took my picture.
I put the fish back in the water, walked back to the camper, put my fishing pole up and fixed me a drink.
Stretch was like, what are you doing?

I said, I just caught 3 bass on my only 3 casts, there is nowhere for this to go but down. :D
He grunted and said well I can't argue that.

Another year I got there before him and got everything set up.
I drove over to the fishing pier and thought I would waste time till he got there.
I caught a pretty good bream, probably about 8 1/2" long and thought I would mess with him.
I took a picture of it with my hand as size reference and said, "Is this one big enough to eat?"
He replied, absolutely.
Then he replied, how many like that you got?
I replied, about 10 so far.
About 30 seconds later my phone rang LOL

In three days we caught 300+ keeper bream and never put the boat in the water.
All were caught on the same three support poles of the fishing pier too.
We would catch them for about an hour and then we would start catching little ones.
We would leave, go back to camp, clean what we had and then about an hour later go back to the pier and do it all again.
LOL Strange part was there were several people fishing the whole time we were and nobody was catching SQUAT except for us.
Needless to say when we walked away towards the truck before we got to the end of the pier someone was in "our" spots. LOL

Good times.

Yes, I am ready for fishing already this year. :)

Latest posts