Fulmer going back to TN?

TreyB

This is from ESPN
"Well now ... @ClowESPN reporting former @Vol_Football coach Phillip Fulmer is a top candidate to be the school's next athletic director."

farmin68

If Fulmer is picked over Blackburn, they are not hiring the best candidate.

Also, there's supposedly a rule in play that requires the next AD to be currently serving somewhere in the same capacity.

gobblegrunt

I really hope it's not Fulmer.. I'm not bashing him but he is not the man for the job in my opinion. He seems like a yes man and please everyone kinda guy. TN needs someone that will put the boosters in their place if need be.

wayne

I think it would be a bad choice. How is he going to work with the boosters that had him fired?
His choice in assistants is what lead to his firing.

PalsPal

Hoping it's just a smokescreen, but will probably happen.

Only at TN would you keep a coach too long, finally get rid of him only to pay him $6M in the process, and then hire him back!

Add to the fact, that the way it's going down, if true which seems very likely, is very Fulmeresque with back-stabbing a good friend.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":3byr2maz said:

Only at TN would you keep a coach too long, finally get rid of him only to pay him $6M in the process, and then hire him back!

Add to the fact, that the way it's going down, if true which seems very likely, is very Fulmeresque with back-stabbing a good friend.

Also this could be bad news for CBJ....... If Fulmer gets in, he would want to put his "guy" in place and would probably prefer a Tennessee guy to be the HC. This would mean that CBJ wouldn't have much wiggle room in the future.

The Hill

gator-n-buck":sllvmdr3 said:
PalsPal":sllvmdr3 said:

Also this could be bad news for CBJ....... If Fulmer gets in, he would want to put his "guy" in place and would probably prefer a Tennessee guy to be the HC. This would mean that CBJ wouldn't have much wiggle room in the future.

I still find it funny that just about every fan of opposing teams can't stand Butch Jones and are waiting for the day he leaves TN. Remember the TN coach they all loved and thought was good for TN...........Derek Dooley. I don't want other teams to like our coach.

Butch Jones is definitely no Saban, but everyone can't wait for Saban to leave Alabama. Nobody is really worried about horse teef down in Florida. Seem most recognize he has won east last two years with Muschamps players and he is not recruiting anywhere near good enough to keep winning long term. :tu:

TeamMainStreet

Fulmer slippin in and getting the AD job be like....

LZyp1aJ.gif

PalsPal

LOL, Fulmer as AD would actually benefit Jones, which is the reason most Vol fans oppose him.

He won't pull the trigger if a replacement is necessary. 8-4 is a good year to him. Plus, he only needed one more year to get it turned around ;) :D !

wayne

Listening to Ainge this morning, it sounds like Blackburn and Fulmer are both thinking that Blackburn wasn't going to be approved. So Fulmer put his hat in the ring.

gator-n-buck

PalsPal":2bih5s9a said:
LOL, Fulmer as AD would actually benefit Jones, which is the reason most Vol fans oppose him.

He won't pull the trigger if a replacement is necessary. 8-4 is a good year to him. Plus, he only needed one more year to get it turned around ;) :D !

David Cutcliffe, Randy Sanders, Lovie Smith, or Douglas Marrone........ :D

Fulmer will not wait long once the fans turn on CBJ. Fulmer has watched this play out before.

TreyB

The Hill":hcgqmlen said:
gator-n-buck":hcgqmlen said:
PalsPal":hcgqmlen said:

I still find it funny that just about every fan of opposing teams can't stand Butch Jones and are waiting for the day he leaves TN. Remember the TN coach they all loved and thought was good for TN...........Derek Dooley. I don't want other teams to like our coach.

Butch Jones is definitely no Saban, but everyone can't wait for Saban to leave Alabama. Nobody is really worried about horse teef down in Florida. Seem most recognize he has won east last two years with Muschamps players and he is not recruiting anywhere near good enough to keep winning long term. :tu:

Easy now.... Don't get this thread shut down. :rotf:

The Hill

TreyB":11f0rb1v said:
Easy now.... Don't get this thread shut down. :rotf:

Come one now, once Fulmer teaches the "best staff in America" to "work like heck" the sky is the limit. TN might just take the prized sec east champion trophy from florida and put it in the case with the champions of life trophy......... :tu: :tu: :tu:

hillbillyfab

The Hill":1oaaccgh said:
gator-n-buck":1oaaccgh said:
PalsPal":1oaaccgh said:

Sometimes I catch myself getting down on CBJ, then I remember DD. :bash:

baddnole

The Hill":1e6rt2h0 said:
gator-n-buck":1e6rt2h0 said:
PalsPal":1e6rt2h0 said:

Very funny!!!Horse teef :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Big boosters won't wait long. He could be on the hot seat this year. Wait till Randy Shannon gets to his old tricks. :tu:

TreyB

And TN fans turns this to UF... Badnole included. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: