• Help Support TNDeer:

Frost baby!

FLTENNHUNTER1

Batman Clap GIF

Primary

Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Grainger

Supporter
I like my weather on the cool side, but I believe I'm done with any frost.

I've moved dozens of tropical plants--some quite big-- outside onto my deck and patios, don't want to have to move them back in.

brassmagnet

I wait until I see lightning bugs, after that, I don't see cutworms. I put my tomato plants in bigger containers to get big enough to plant, if it turns off cold I put them in the shed. Too early to risk the cold snaps we're due to have. It's Tennessee, gotta love it.

BSK

If the long-range models are correct, I would look towards the 25th for a possible last freeze. Say goodbye to your acorn crop East TN.

Gone Hunting

I’m right there with you I hate hot weather and humidity but dang we’ve not had an acorn crop in over three years up on the plateau we’re I hunt. I was hoping they would be so thick this year it would be like walking on marbles

BSK

I’m right there with you I hate hot weather and humidity but dang we’ve not had an acorn crop in over three years up on the plateau we’re I hunt. I was hoping they would be so thick this year it would be like walking on marbles
What part of the Plateau do you hunt Gone Hunting? I'm working on a property along the Grundy/Sequatchie line, and last year's acorns are still like marbles. Some red oaks produced more acorns than I've ever seen from red oaks. The acorns are inches deep along the edge of food plots and open fields. The landowners said last year was one of the biggest acorn crops they've ever seen.

Gone Hunting

I’ve hunted in the Monterey area since the early 2000’s and it’s funny how you can have acorns on part of a ridge and not on the other. The lease we hunt used to be 4300 acres but sold a few years back we still hunt about half that

Gone Hunting

It seems tough hunting when acorns are everywhere but in big tracts of timber no acorns no deer it seems. I think if you have the food through the winter your more likely to hold the bucks through the next fall

Latest posts