Frog gigging

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Haven't been in years but I heard several while fishing yesterday afternoon so you're right, it won't be long. :D

Woodson223

catman529 said:
It's not too early, but I haven't gone yet. One of these warm nights would be perfect. Just don't gig the toads :D
Gonna give it about three more weeks

Woodson223

Redfred16 said:
A.Hall said:
too many cottonmouths swimming around for me to gig

At first I thought, "that sounds fun and I like frog legs". then I read this and found myself lacking in the desire to try gigging. :eek:
Don;t worry about the snakes just look for the frogs and you will be fine

Crosshairy

I went frog gigging one night with my dad and uncle. Normally it was just dad and I, but my uncle had heard about the fun we'd been having and decided to come along.

We were working over this little shallow farm pond that was perfect for holding lots of big bullfrogs. The flashlight went out, so we only had the big spotlight left. While I was shining for frogs, there was a "thumping" noise in the boat. My uncle started becoming un-glued, thinking that a snake was in the boat with us.

My dad and uncle were standing up on their seats on opposite ends of the boat, and I was stuck in the middle with nowhere to go. My uncle proclaimed that he'd rather be out in the water than in the boat with a snake, and had ALMOST took a step out, when I finally found the source of the noise...a 4" long bream that had jumped out of the water and was flopping around under my seat.

We nearly capsized the boat (which would have put out our only other light) in the middle of that farm pond. All on account of that little fish's amazing leaping ability...

Nimrod777

Way I was trained, we would go "grabbin'", so we could cull. Nothing like leaning out over the prow of a canoe with a light in one hand and the other poised to snatch up a frog lightning-fast, while the guy in back paddles you in swift and silent. Was a blast!

pressfit

no gigging around here.. about a half mile from my house is a tree with about 25 of them stupid blue heron nest in it... if you ever see a frog around here its up in the woods...

Latest posts