Fried chicken last night

DaveB

Nothing special...did some third coating and got a much different appearance. You can tell where I ran out of the third coating. Taste was a bit better, not much, but the crunch was awesome.

JYFT7648.JPG

DaveB

Thanks for the compliment, We are still playing with cooking heat and length of time and spices.

My Wife, not a fried food kind of person to begin with, had three helpings last night and took some to work with her today.

7 pounds of chicken breasts cut into nugget and sammich size pieces. I think I am feediing the Hun army here.

To my happiness Kroger had to cut the price on the chicken because the sell by date was approaching. Paid under $1.89 a pound. I bought every pack they had.

Forvols

Thanks for the compliment, We are still playing with cooking heat and length of time and spices.

My Wife, not a fried food kind of person to begin with, had three helpings last night and took some to work with her today.

7 pounds of chicken breasts cut into nugget and sammich size pieces. I think I am feediing the Hun army here.

To my happiness Kroger had to cut the price on the chicken because the sell by date was approaching. Paid under $1.89 a pound. I bought every pack they had.
Nicely done. I also buy on sell by date discounts, when I get several packs I come home and put them right in the freezer.

Carlos

That's one of my fav's! Looks delicious!

Also, about once every other week, I enjoy pintos with cornbread, fried okra, sliced tomatoes, and some Vidalia onion.
It seems like something in that list is giving me really bad reflux lately. (I'm guessing it's the onion maybe.)

DaveB

The reflux source is much more likely the fried okra. I have a sister who went through a bad time with reflux mostly because she did a lot of fried food. Took a long time to get under control.

We do red beans, corn bread, raw white onions sliced thick sometimes jasmine rice with tomatoes mushed up.

Latest posts