Fresh shrimp question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
If I buy fresh shrimp today can I refrigerate them till Saturday and they be ok ?

If so, do I need to take the heads off and devein today or can I wait till Saturday?

John3

It will be fine. I like them colder than the fridge so I would leave them in a plastic bag and put on ice. Either in a cooler or in a bowl or tub with ice in the fridge. When I bring back seafood from the gulf I do it in a styrofoam cooler and put the whole thing in a fridge until I eat or freeze all the seafood.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
It will be fine. I like them colder than the fridge so I would leave them in a plastic bag and put on ice. Either in a cooler or in a bowl or tub with ice in the fridge. When I bring back seafood from the gulf I do it in a styrofoam cooler and put the whole thing in a fridge until I eat or freeze all the seafood.
Thanks !

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
They are likely the same shrimp no mater if you buy today or Saturday. Seafood is easy to tell with the smell test... For shrimp, avoid if they smell like ammonia.
Kinda what I figured but it's a 45 minute drive and I'm fishing the next two days.

Latest posts