Franklin Gun Store Closing

Wobblyshot1

Wobblyshot1

I guess Tom has decided to retire. Lock, Stock, and Barrel in Franklin, Tenn. closing ,I believe by the end of February.

discounted. Select items are sale marked independantly of the above guidelines
LOCK, STOCK & BARREL STORE CLOSING SALE
FIREARMS 10% OFF AMMO & RELOADING 20% OFF ACCESSORIES 30% OFF
~~ EVERYTHING MUST GO ~~

Mudbone

Mudbone

They definitely had abut everything one could possibly need albeit at a bit higher price it seems.
Some people I know were able to get great deals there. Probably because they had a relationship the store owner

R

RandyinTN

It is difficult to compete when people browse the brick and mortar stores then buy the item online because it is less expensive with no sales tax.

FTG-05

FTG-05

Is that the place near the NW corner of I-65 and the man drag of Franklin where the old Bud's Fried Chicken place used to be?

That's too bad 'cause I bought my Ruger American in 7mm-08 there last year. Good people to deal with, I enjoyed it. I would have bought my SW1911SC from there, but they didn't have any in stock.

catman529

catman529

Hardwoodmaterials":8p9nc0ey said:
Their website says they are moving at the end of February. It's not the Franklin gun shop right beside I-65 at exit 65. Lock, Stock and Barrel is south of Franklin just off Hwy.31 not far from TSC. https://www.lockstockandbarreltn.com/contact.htm
I live down the street and have been down SE parkway many times but I never knew they were there. Never even heard of em. Might have to go look for some sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

H

Hollar Hunter

FTG-05":36bog3il said:
Is that the place near the NW corner of I-65 and the man drag of Franklin where the old Bud's Fried Chicken place used to be?

That's too bad 'cause I bought my Ruger American in 7mm-08 there last year. Good people to deal with, I enjoyed it. I would have bought my SW1911SC from there, but they didn't have any in stock.

Different gun store... great selection to look at but like already stated they’re the most expensive around...

G

go_okfishin

Hate to see him go. He was expensive on repairs but did a great job.

Wobblyshot1

Wobblyshot1

Tom did a major modification for me on a Ruger Old Army for target work. All I can say was that his gunsmithing skills were topnotch.

280longshot

280longshot

Its hard to compete with online sales like cabelas, grabagun, whitakerguns to name a few.
Amazon, ebay and now Walmart has 2 day free shipping.
Kroger and Walmart has grocery pickup delivered to your car.
I even noticed Walmart has a new check out system coming , not sure but you scan your items with your phone and no standing in line.
Things are changing big time!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bone Collector

Bone Collector

Supporter
KPH":1ek7q7uj said:
Highest price gun store I was ever in.

THIS^^^ that was his problem. He overpriced everything. Idiots that live in Franklin (normally left coast or yankee transplants) that could not buy a gun where they lived before for fear of offending friends and family would go in there and just pay whatever was on the tag. Them and rich people who just didn't care about money.

Not surprised he is closing, but I am surprised he stayed open as long as he did with his prices. He had a bad rap around town with the "common folks" for over pricing and there are only so many rich folks that want to over pay for guns.

Just a personal experience. I went in and asked them how much for some Leupold scope rings and they wanted $80+ for the set and then I asked would they mount them to the rifle if i bought them there, and they said, "yes for $35..." I go to Academy and see they have the same rings for about $50 I tell the guy at the gun counter that I have never mounted this system before (not a weaver type) and he tells me, bring in your rifle if you think you can't I will do it for you. I asked how much and he said free.... Why would I go to Franklin gun and pay that?? it may be a small business and Academy is not, but money doesn't grow on trees for me.

As you can tell i was never impressed with Franklin guns, other than the vast selection of guns and the odd ball caliber ammo they carried.

Headhunter

Headhunter

Bone Collector":7oae42v9 said:
KPH":7oae42v9 said:

THIS^^^ that was his problem. He overpriced everything. Idiots that live in Franklin (normally left coast or yankee transplants) that could not buy a gun where they lived before for fear of offending friends and family would go in there and just pay whatever was on the tag. Them and rich people who just didn't care about money.

Not surprised he is closing, but I am surprised he stayed open as long as he did with his prices. He had a bad rap around town with the "common folks" for over pricing and there are only so many rich folks that want to over pay for guns.

Just a personal experience. I went in and asked them how much for some Leupold scope rings and they wanted $80+ for the set and then I asked would they mount them to the rifle if i bought them there, and they said, "yes for $35..." I go to Academy and see they have the same rings for about $50 I tell the guy at the gun counter that I have never mounted this system before (not a weaver type) and he tells me, bring in your rifle if you think you can't I will do it for you. I asked how much and he said free.... Why would I go to Franklin gun and pay that?? it may be a small business and Academy is not, but money doesn't grow on trees for me.

As you can tell i was never impressed with Franklin guns, other than the vast selection of guns and the odd ball caliber ammo they carried.

Completely different store. You are talking about the Franklin Gun Shop. Worst place on the planet.
This post is about lock, stock and barrel. Tom is an excellent gunsmith and a great guy and more than fair pricing.
Website does say they are moving, doesn't say where to.

Bone Collector

Bone Collector

Supporter
Hardwoodmaterials":1kkjy348 said:
Their website says they are moving at the end of February. It's not the Franklin gun shop right beside I-65 at exit 65. Lock, Stock and Barrel is south of Franklin just off Hwy.31 not far from TSC. https://www.lockstockandbarreltn.com/contact.htm

Well it appears we all had the wrong place.

So are they moving or closing??? also i have been over there several times, never knew they existed. That is not a good location.

Bone Collector

Bone Collector

Supporter
Headhunter":1qglb14k said:
Bone Collector":1qglb14k said:
KPH":1qglb14k said:

Completely different store. You are talking about the Franklin Gun Shop. Worst place on the planet.
This post is about lock, stock and barrel. Tom is an excellent gunsmith and a great guy and more than fair pricing.
Website does say they are moving, doesn't say where to.

Yeah i see that now. Never heard of them before this..

Specializedjon

Specializedjon

Supporter
It was a fun store to go in and look. Not the best location, understatement of the year. Ran into a "Federal Employee" the other day that was talking about the shop and then he paused....and just said, "let's leave it there". Made me start thinking. Not trying to speculate, just sayin.

Guys were always friendly, but ya....you were paying top shelf prices for sure.