Franklin gun shop

Weaz

Love going in and looking around but geez their proud of their stuff. $699 Glocks? Basic models ? Has it always been that high there ? As you can imagine they had every caliber if anybody is looking for one and can pay that kinda change.

pressfit

Their clientele..(as Jerry Clowers use to say..) make above average means.. most of the people in that area dont realize that the economy had gone south..

Bone Collector

Supporter
I cringe when i look at the price tags in there. I asked the other day if i bought a scope mount would they mount it.

guy says "yes"
I say is that free if you buy it here?
he says no $35 like it was nothing.
maybe that is a fair price, but i thought it a bit high to mount a scope.

RUGER

Supporter
2-Step Enabled
Wow,
Bone Collector, I bought a scope base ($15.00) from Paducah Shooters one time and explained what I was putting it on and what scope I was using and asked if it was the right height.
It was on an AR style rifle so I wasn't sure.

He said I think so, you got it with you?
I said yes.
He said bring it in and we will mount it up.
I said, I didn't buy the gun or scope here.
He laughed and said I don't care where you got it.
Mounted it up for free.

leader

Bone Collector said:
I cringe when i look at the price tags in there. I asked the other day if i bought a scope mount would they mount it.

guy says "yes"

I can imagine there prices are high but that's a pretty fair price for a scope mount.
I pay to have them mounted when I'm in a pinch, mounted and bore sighted you can take home and hit paper first shot. Can do this myself too, but like I said,
when in a pinch....

Lost Lake

I bought several guns from them back when they were in the smaller building. Back then, their prices were pretty good. I noticed a considerable markup on everything when they moved into the old Uncle Bud's location. They are fairly convenient when I'm running short of powder or primers, even though now it's hard to find those anywhere. All in all, they have treated me with courtesy.

MidTN

I purchased my Glock from FGS 4 years ago. I compared prices before the purchase. FGS was the same as Uselton, Lock Stock & Barrel and other nearby gun shops.

89cherokeelimited

Bone Collector said:

guy says "yes"

I work in Franklin and live in Hendersonville.
I don't even go out to eat for lunch because it's so dang expensive.
I went to the gun shop here looking for a class 2 holster for my Glock 27... $55!
Goodlettsville Gun Shop was $35
Didn't even have the belt attachment with it.
Everything here is stupid prices.

Deer Assassin

Supporter
Lost Lake said:
I bought several guns from them back when they were in the smaller building. Back then, their prices were pretty good. I noticed a considerable markup on everything when they moved into the old Uncle Bud's location. They are fairly convenient when I'm running short of powder or primers, even though now it's hard to find those anywhere. All in all, they have treated me with courtesy.
ditto

old store prices were good but not now

their gunsmith is real good

BirdDog123

DeerKiller2012 said:
Franklin gun shop = crooks

Thats why my friends call them the Franklin Gun Thieves :D

I have wanted to do business with them many, MANY times but there prices are always off. They were selling a used shotgun for $529 and I ended up buying it new at Bass Pro for $480.. still over payed but at least I didn't get completely ripped off.

Also, a few guns they list as "Demo - no box" but are without a doubt used guns! A buddy of mine sold them a 5 year old remington and they listed it as a demo..

KPH

RUGER said:
Wow,
Bone Collector, I bought a scope base ($15.00) from Paducah Shooters one time and explained what I was putting it on and what scope I was using and asked if it was the right height.
It was on an AR style rifle so I wasn't sure.

He said I think so, you got it with you?
I said yes.
He said bring it in and we will mount it up.
I said, I didn't buy the gun or scope here.
He laughed and said I don't care where you got it.
Mounted it up for free.

good buch of people I have delt with em.

Weaz

I hear you. Ive been in 3 times in the last 3 years or so. They have a used abolt ive been eyeing thats been on the shelf that whole time for $849. Its $599 at Dicks new... I offered a very fair price considering they may have $400 tops in it and mentioned it had been there for 3 years. The guy laughed at me. Great for selection and hard to find stuff, but not sure how they stay in bussiness.

Thats why my friends call them the Franklin Gun Thieves :D

I have wanted to do business with them many, MANY times but there prices are always off. They were selling a used shotgun for $529 and I ended up buying it new at Bass Pro for $480.. still over payed but at least I didn't get completely ripped off.

Also, a few guns they list as "Demo - no box" but are without a doubt used guns! A buddy of mine sold them a 5 year old remington and they listed it as a demo..[/quote]

Latest posts