Four wheeler question

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
I was scanning through facebook earlier and saw this and I have, what is probably a dumb, question.
What is the white box looking thing on the front rack?

duckduck84

duckduck84

Solar panel?? Never seen that.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

gtk

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
It is an immediate red flag for someone to NEVER purchase that bike. It has a snorkel kit and the radiator has been relocated up high so they can drive through deeper mud/water

NICHOLS3

NICHOLS3

looks like a flat screen tv so when your out riding on the weekend and don't want to miss the big game just pull over and watch :lol:

74MOPAR

74MOPAR

gtk":3csvsnv5 said:
It is an immediate red flag for someone to NEVER purchase that bike. It has a snorkel kit and the radiator has been relocated up high so they can drive through deeper mud/water
This for sure.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
gtk":2ny9daoo said:

I knew it had the snorkel but never thought about the radiator, thanks!

H

HuntingDicksonDTC

R.I.P.
That type of riding is popular enough for some of the manufacturers are actually equipping them from the factory with snorkels and relocated radiators on them.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
One of the many parenting mistakes I made in my life was when my son wanted to put a snorkel on his four wheeler.
His <10 hours old four wheeler.
I said on multiple occasions I was against the idea and a gasoline combustion engine was not meant to run under water.
Instead of being the bad guy and putting my foot down and saying absolutely no I let him go for it.
I should have been elbow deep in the project and helped him through every step.
Instead I let him and his friend do it.
His argument was, everyone else does it and theirs is fine.
Anyway, yeah the snorkels work IF they don't leak.

Top end overhaul on a brand new four wheeler that the dealership BOTCHED badly was the result.
Four wheeler never did run right after that.
Dang shame.

U

Urban_Hunter

RUGER":1o9ncg0r said:
One of the many parenting mistakes I made in my life was when my son wanted to put a snorkel on his four wheeler.
His <10 hours old four wheeler.
I said on multiple occasions I was against the idea and a gasoline combustion engine was not meant to run under water.
Instead of being the bad guy and putting my foot down and saying absolutely no I let him go for it.
I should have been elbow deep in the project and helped him through every step.
Instead I let him and his friend do it.
His argument was, everyone else does it and theirs is fine.
Anyway, yeah the snorkels work IF they don't leak.

Top end overhaul on a brand new four wheeler that the dealership BOTCHED badly was the result.
Four wheeler never did run right after that.
Dang shame.

Ouch.....

My recon has been underwater a few times. Young and dumb. Push/pull it out, stand it on end, set it back down, drain the air box... and try again [emoji1]

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Cracks me up seeing folks selling 4 wheelers with snorkels on them. Folks buy them everyday but not this guy. They aren't made to go under water.

JeepKuntry

JeepKuntry

Yep, relocated the radiator. Snorkeled and rode hard n put up wet. My guess is that thing has been bathed in engine degreaser to clean her up. Probably used a pressure washer as well. Certain parts are meant to be pressure washed so another red flag.

M

mike243

Son has a CanAm ,bad mohunker,it came factory with the radiator up there I will stick with my little Honda and dodge the mud holes like I been doing since 03 :)

M

Mike Belt

Never could understand trying to destroy a 4 wheeler or 4 wheel drive truck. They cost too much for me to do it.

M

muddyboots

Supporter
Crap I rode mine through water. Under water. Over water. Wherever we wanted to go for years. Loved it. And the women did too. I didn’t need a snorkel or fancy radiator. I’ve seen brand new Honda’s completely sunk. Pull em to bank. Take out the plug and breather and start drying them. Drain out gas if got any water. Check oil. If soupy drain some out and change her when u get home. Keep driving. Still driving the same 4 Wheeler this day. It’s 23 years old. Crank right now. You don’t need all that crap.