Food Plots Found some success with the "Mulch Method" (Pics)

BSK

Shooter77,

You aren't the only one seeing poor/unusual food plot growth patterns. All of my clients are reporting below average growth in their food plots this year. Other than army worms, I think this long, drawn out much warmer than normal weather pattern we have been in all Fall is partially to blame.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Shooter77,

You aren't the only one seeing poor/unusual food plot growth patterns. All of my clients are reporting below average growth in their food plots this year. Other than army worms, I think this long, drawn out much warmer than normal weather pattern we have been in all Fall is partially to blame.
It's strange for sure, we've had great weather all summer and into fall. Rain fall has been great. Sept we had 2" of rain over month and we are over 2" of rain so far in Oct. We've only had a few days over 90 this summer. I've talked to a hand full of people and everyone says they've had issue with their brassicas not growing. seems like even clover isn't growing much. No army worms, which is a blessing, but nothing is growing much.

BSK

I wish I had an answer for you Shooter77, but don't. All I know is how commonplace food plot problems have been this fall. Had great summer growth, but not the fall plots.

DeerCamp

Thanks BSK! I rented a bobcat this year and opened up the plots. really improved the locations but things seemed to be very slow growing this year. even with more timely rains, I've had very little growth. Followed the soil test and added all the lime and fertilizer required. i've seen very limited growth. my brassicas were a total bust. none got over ankle high.
Only thoughts are - could limited sunlight be a factor here?

BSK

Doesn't take much sun. I've got a plot in a north-south running small powerline right-of-way, and it only gets 2 hours of sun a day. But it's doing great. A little slower growing than full-sun plots, but I don't have to worry the soil will dry out during common fall dry spells.

DeerCamp

Doesn't take much sun. I've got a plot in a north-south running small powerline right-of-way, and it only gets 2 hours of sun a day. But it's doing great. A little slower growing than full-sun plots, but I don't have to worry the soil will dry out during common fall dry spells.
Hey, don't mess with my narrative! :)

Latest posts