Fort Campbell 2018

medwc

Racknquack":by22o9qb said:
Did you shoot him Saturday morning and check him out around lunch? Saw a good one from that area and was just curious if it was you. Glad you found him. Thanks for sharing with us.
Shot him Monday the 5th about 0615 and got him in the bed of my truck about 1445 that afternoon.

buckslayer85

medwc":236vz4a2 said:
Tn Joe":236vz4a2 said:
Congrats! Stop holding out on us, let's see that big stud :drool:

Big stud? I'm not sure what you mean Joe. We have never met and I ain't that kind of guy. lol, J/P

Someone has a big mouth(not you Joe) and won't be getting any more info from me.

OK, yeah, I tagged my buck. 157 lbs, aged at 5 1/2 years old or older by Fish and Wildlife, 13 points, HUGE neck, and barrel-chested. Hardest buck I ever had to find. Took me about 5 1/2 hours to find. I couldn't give up after I found a finger size piece of liver on the ground(see photo). That was deer #6 for me so LBL it is for the rest of the season. Good luck to everyone else still hunting the FORT.

Congrats on a great buck. Ten is one of my favorite areas.

BULL MOOSE

My 11 year old son is excited...we got the call late today for the juvenile hunt. We got 04 for Saturday and 02 for Sunday.

I have no experience with either. PM me some tips if you have a spot.

He got a nice buck last year and we hope to take one as nice or even better this year. He has about 7 deer under his belt now and 4 are bucks.

Attachments

• 2F5C0C5B-DB5C-4320-B602-F8309D896905.jpeg
    2F5C0C5B-DB5C-4320-B602-F8309D896905.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,722

Rakkin6

Yeah I am out, had a nice ten pointer about 15 yards away, pulled the trigger got a click but no boom. Had a lightstrike. Shooting Remington Accutips did some research and I guess this is somewhat common with these rounds. I sighted my gun in using these rounds from the same lot. Needless to say I am thouroughly disappointed. Hopped on my phone and ordered 7 boxes of Winchester Partition Gold. Got a new round in the chamber hopefully its not the whole box that's bad and he comes back. I waited until he cleared out to see what was going on.

medwc

I had the same dang problem shooting Remington Accutips out of my Savage 220. Never even took them hunting it was so bad. No other round has done that out of my 220 and I have tried most if not all of the big brand named sabot slugs.

Rakkin6

Elmers all over today, literally had a guy walk right in on top of me. Thing is I am a straight line from my truck. So either he doesn't care and parked right on top of me ( and I am in a huge area) or he is completely lost. This is like 40 minutes after legal shooting light.

MickThompson

Rakkin6":35dtkmgn said:
Elmers all over today, literally had a guy walk right in on top of me. Thing is I am a straight line from my truck. So either he doesn't care and parked right on top of me ( and I am in a huge area) or he is completely lost. This is like 40 minutes after legal shooting light.

Don't let it get in your head. I had that happen last year right as I got in a tree at lunch. He didn't even have a stand but was wading around in shoulder high grass. I was over a grown up field and could see him 400+ yards away. He got to within 200 yards before he saw me and wandered off. I saw deer immediately afterwards and killed a nice buck pushing a doe group that basically walked in his footsteps on their way to me 4 hours later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

I have had it happen before, it's a little disconcerting at first. I just waved my orange hat at him and he took off in the other direction. It is public land but some people don't have common courtesy or common sense. Lol

PSE Shooter18

Made my annual trip to the ft this past thursday got a area every day except friday had zero complaints. All in all a good hunt just wish i could be there this coming weekend.

Racknquack

They had most of the areas open it seemed like and a lot that hadn't been open in awhile. Wish some pics would be posted. Always enjoyed seeing the kids with their deer

medwc

@fulldraw":2b7q7i3j said:
I did not get wet. Had my rain suit on and my tree umbrella up. Hunted 00c which is dead imo.

00c? lol, you deserved that. You do know you can bow hunt in the gun areas? :stir:

Area 10, 19, 11, or 20 all have big bucks just walking around 24/7 for like the next 9 days. :poke:

:pop:

@fulldraw

medwc":rb3onrvy said:
@fulldraw":rb3onrvy said:
I did not get wet. Had my rain suit on and my tree umbrella up. Hunted 00c which is dead imo.

00c? lol, you deserved that. You do know you can bow hunt in the gun areas? :stir:

Area 10, 19, 11, or 20 all have big bucks just walking around 24/7 for like the next 9 days. :poke:

:pop:

You're so funny. :moon:

Latest posts