Fort Campbell 2018

medwc

@fulldraw":7kosj185 said:
What the heck happened now?!! Medwc, did you start something? :poke:

Nope. Some jackwagon troll, that doesn't even hunt the Fort, flopped on in here and started on the "I could care less if civilians get to hunt the Fort." and the "Oh, the poor tired deployed soldiers" stuff. They should have banned him for trolling. Anyways... I am done with it. Yall have fun, I'll be hunting at LBL or more than likely the Fort and KILLING lots of deer. :moon:

Mr.Bro

Good luck guys. I give up on the camp for this year. Unless??? I take the big un im chasing elsewhere. 2 week vacation starting Saturday. Ill be close by.

BULL MOOSE

Here is my Fort Campbell update...I started hunting there with the rollout of the online system. Since I have always lived at least 3-4 hours away, I have only been able to take advantage of securing a spot then driving up a few times. If it is not 21, 48, or 50ish, then I can't draw it. However, I have seen more large deer crossing the road driving to my hunting areas that I keep going back.

A few weeks ago, I drove round trip from North GA to the fort to do my annual criminal test, and then in person purchase the permit. I was able to get my son on the juvenile list for that hunt, but they would not let me add my other kid to the list (They allowed it last year). The plan was for both kids to draw and then we do moms paperwork on the night before.

Fast forward 3 days....my son severely breaks his finger at school. My first question was iis it his trigger finger? :) I just hope he can hold a gun because I opted not to drive another 8 hour round trip to replace his name with his sister!

I don't expect to personally draw a spot this year at all...especially for Sunday Nov 10 while I will already be there for the youth hunt.

To top it off, I found out that I must be in Atlanta for an area meeting till 3 on Friday the 8th. We may not even be able to pick up our paperwork/pass till after daylight on the morning of the hunt.

When I find out our area, I will seek some advice. It is just a challenging place to hunt because of all the hoop jumping.

BULL MOOSE

Roost 1":leji9j1f said:
Friday Nov 9
Sat Nov 10

Not sure if the correct dates will help your situation.

Yes, it's that weekend! I'm terrible with exact dates, street names, and driving the speed limit. :)

Rakkin6

Good luck to all this weekend, I think the activity will start to pick top this weekend. Hopefully for me it does I am sitting at a big fat goose egg for the year so far and I have no meat.

Good Luck and stay safe

Dully

Rakkin6":22vj8yg7 said:
Good luck to all this weekend, I think the activity will start to pick top this weekend. Hopefully for me it does I am sitting at a big fat goose egg for the year so far and I have no meat.

Good Luck and stay safe
Rakkin6 sense you live in Clarksville why not hunt with that outfitter !! QUALTY FIRST!! If you can afford him,his prices were to high for me,I could go to Illinois and hunt big deer for his prices :smash:

BULL MOOSE

What does -3 even mean?

Attachments

• 021B0177-0CAD-4773-9B20-31D66AA91FC6.png
    021B0177-0CAD-4773-9B20-31D66AA91FC6.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,404

medwc

buckslayer85":382yuhbw said:
Well it was a good season for me. I'm tagged out. One less person you got to worry about. :super:

Photo or it didn't happen!!!

Congrats on a fine buck(guessing). :super:

medwc

BULL MOOSE":8uf65o6k said:
What does -3 even mean?
The system let too many in and it is overbooked. 4 hunters would need to check out before anyone could check in again. I think the system has some fudge factor room for close/tie check-ins times. Also if it is like the old system then the Fish and Wildlife folks may be able to add extra hunters for whatever reason. JMO so don't quote me or take it as fact.

buckslayer85

I got him yesterday in Area 3. He came by chasing a doe at 1245, after I had just stared dozing off. :party:

Attachments

• A4B4D840-D24D-4BF6-B0CC-BD12B7B33F86.jpeg
    A4B4D840-D24D-4BF6-B0CC-BD12B7B33F86.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 3,301

medwc

buckslayer85":1lhgm3fa said:
I got him yesterday in Area 3. He came by chasing a doe at 1245, after I had just stared dozing off. :party:

Nice, that's a mighty fine buck! Congrats again.

Latest posts