Forms hard to get?

LanceS4803

My taxidermist, always very reliable, has had my elk since Oct 2020.
The finished shoulder mount was initially delayed due to COVID issues at the hide processor.
Now, he can't get the form I want.
Looking at McKenzie, it doesn't appear that things are out of stock.
Suggestions?

AT Hiker

Yes, it's ridiculous. Took me over a month to get my whitetail forms that usually ship same week. Had to shop around for different suppliers because of items out of stock. Eyes and ear liners are hard to get as well. On top of it all the material cost has gone up plus a 6% sure charge plus high shipping.
$100 whitetail shoulder forms are now here.

*not to mention tanning chemicals and glue have increased as well. Expect taxidermist to have a huge increase if they expect to make any kind of profit.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
My guy said back last fall that all his prices had gone up 50.00 to cover cost on price increases for forms and supplies. Said that wasn't enough to cover price increase on McKenzie forms. The other brand he uses is made about 20 miles away from us. He picks up orders so he doesn't have to pay shipping. He said some of his McKenzie forms have went up 50-75 with shipping cost.

I talked to him last month about my son's deer from Jan '21, said he was having lots of trouble getting forms, eyes and pretty much any material needed to complete. He said he bought another guy's stuff that was retiring back at beginning of year. He had 25 forms and other supplies that's helped him out some.

Just like everything else, we will be having many supply issues that will continue to happen for years. I feel for AT and others in the field. I can't think about quoting X amount and 6-18 months later you complete the job and cost have went up 20-50%. Do you pass this cost on to the customer?

TN Larry

Taxidermist buddy of mine is having issues with supplies. It took him 12 wks to get my son's form from Mckenzie. It was a specialty firm but still way too long.

LanceS4803

I dropped the antlers and cape off in Oct 2020.
This guy is usually right around 9 month.

But then I have a gun being built that usually takes 6-8 months, and is now at 2 years.

AT Hiker

McKenzie just randomly shipped me some eyes that I had ordered a few months back that were out of stock at the time...been nice if they had called me and asked if I still wanted them.

Latest posts