For those with flu etc taking antibiotics

duckduck84

duckduck84

Why are you on antibiotics with the flu anyway? It's a virus...

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

R

rbreedi1

yep, shouldn't be taking an antibiotic with the flu, pointless

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
duckduck84":d2yqdkq1 said:
Why are you on antibiotics with the flu anyway? It's a virus...

I was going to ask the same question. I USED to take antibiotics when I had the flu but I got a good doctor and she explained it all to me in a great way. I have never done it since.

Snake

Snake

Seems to me some in the health care business should take some additional training because the nurse at our CPR-AED training said to ask for antibiotics if you caught the flu ??????????? She's a nurse and been one ever since I knew her . She retired at the plant and still works there part time . She plainly said if you got the flu try to convince the doctor to give you antibiotics because she said they may not want to so what's a person to do ?????

P

poorhunter

Oh, I completely agree one shouldn’t be taking an antibiotic with the flu, but everyone I work with has and seems like everyone they talk about has. Point being, be careful about eating ice cream when on antibiotics.

WTM

WTM

Supporter
not only flu going around but upper respiratory infections as well, which may be why they were prescribed antibiotics.

Kimber45

Kimber45

ABX are often prescribed due to the piggy back illnesses that can jump in with the flu like strep, pneumonia, bronchitis, sinusitis and ear infections.

Kimber45

Kimber45

Kimber45":129y06zt said:
ABX are often prescribed due to the piggy back illnesses that can jump in with the flu like strep, pneumonia, bronchitis, sinusitis and ear infections.

We should ALWAYS ask our Dr WHY on any medication, but once we know, it’s probably good to listen if it makes sense. Flu is not always just the flu.

W

waynesworld

A lot of people get antiviral meds if they get tested early and many people think that is antibiotics. The other problem is exactly what others have stated is they have 2ndary infections or ilness one problem is most Dr.s office can not test for them.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

M

muddyboots

Supporter
I believe a lot have stemmed from drs and cutting anti biotic. They dont get u well. You end up going back take some more and then you have bacteria that are resistant.

M

Moonman

Flu on Monday now have bronchitis and possible pneumonia today. I think that flu caused them and now on antibiotics and steroid inhaler and got breathing treatment.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Kimber45":2swy3p58 said:
I’m using so much hand sanitizer that I probably have an elevated blood alcohol level lol..
I bathe in the stuff this time of year lol