for the market investors?

P

pass-thru

Couldn't tell you. The ones that I made the most money on were ones that I had a modest investment on that tanked, I bought heavily when they bottom out and then sold after they rebound. US Steel, Sony, Apple are a few. If I have held more than a year and there is a good profit then I sell. Don't like to watch a lot of up and down.

BamaProud

BamaProud

Supporter
I don't invest in individual stocks. Its tempting, but too risky for my blood.

C

Cache

pass-thru":es0kgr2j said:
Couldn't tell you. The ones that I made the most money on were ones that I had a modest investment on that tanked, I bought heavily when they bottom out and then sold after they rebound. US Steel, Sony, Apple are a few. If I have held more than a year and there is a good profit then I sell. Don't like to watch a lot of up and down.

Im the same way.

My best performers the past few months have been Canadian pot stocks. NXTTF, ACBFF, and CBWTF. Pure speculation at this point but there are a lot of people that agree it will be a multi-billion dollar industry in a few years. Up close to 400 percent in the past 2 months.

TreyB

TreyB

Ethereum (ETH) got in at $186 back in may. Sitting at $1100 today.

huntinkev

huntinkev

I don't have any big gainers, haven't been in it long enough to see 1000% gains. I do know someone that bought $1,000 of stock in aflac back when aflac was just beginning and was nothing, stock has never been touched and is worth over $1 mil today, I think around $1.4 mil. I want to find something like that!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TreyB

TreyB

huntinkev":1lep4wey said:
I don't have any big gainers, haven't been in it long enough to see 1000% gains. I do know someone that bought $1,000 of stock in aflac back when aflac was just beginning and was nothing, stock has never been touched and is worth over $1 mil today, I think around $1.4 mil. I want to find something like that!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/ethereu ... -year.html

huntinkev

huntinkev

I'm not sure if I want to gamble on any of these cryptocurrencies. I mean what are they? What is backing them? It's just numbers out in the clouds.

I missed on OLED last year. I studied it and wanted to buy it but didn't pull the trigger, it was at $110. A month later when new iPhones where released with details that they would have these screens, it shot up and is now over $200. I have had some short term stuff double or better and sell off, but it was risky so I didn't risk a lot of money. I have also lost on some of these short term deals.

Wildcat

Wildcat

Supporter
I do not "invest" in stocks. I "trade" stocks online almost every day the market is open, in other words I buy and sell. Some stocks I might buy and then sell them all the very same day, sometimes it might be several different buy and sell orders on the same stock on the very same day. Example, I set my "buy" and "sell" orders for stock XYZ, I can then leave if I want to and the web site will follow my orders. Sometimes XYZ stock will pass my sell price then come back down and hit my original buy price again and they will buy the same stock back again. I buy enough of a stock block to make a profit in the small "price window". Sometimes a stock will take days to hit my sell price so I hold on to them.

That's much different than investing in stocks. Investing is long term. Trying to find companies that will have very good gains over long term is hard and luck. The real catch for max profits is catching them LONG BEFORE they hit big time. Look at Amazon, the people that bought and held on their stock from the first month are the people that became millionaires from that stock. To make 1 million today with just Amazon stock at todays prices one would already have to be a millionaire.

D

dgolden

Supporter
Walgreens, Medtronic, and Ubiquiti Networks.

I haven't bought any in a long time and haven't looked at what they are doing in a few months, but these 3 have always done well. I bought Ubiquiti Networks when the Robert Pera (the founder) bought the Memphis Grizzlies. Bought in at $15 a share and last I checked it was at like $65. Wish I could have bought more back then!

S

Scioto

This thread reminds me too much of 1999.

Does anyone know the story about Joe Kennedy and the shoeshine boy?

Chaneylake

Chaneylake

Scioto":lpwna023 said:
This thread reminds me too much of 1999.

Does anyone know the story about Joe Kennedy and the shoeshine boy?

I don't know the story, I rode the market out in 2008 and am prepared to ride a decline again

7mm08

7mm08

EW - Edwards Lifesciences. Look up the procedure known as TAVR Changing how we treat heart valve disease.

PTLA- Portola Pharm. they have a pill form of Lovenox due to hit the market any day now. They also have the ONLY REVERSAL DRUG for all the Xa Inhibitors (Xarelto Eliquis) out there. It’s due out by the fall.

BA- Boeing Airlines. Love this stock. Bought a bunch around 80$

I only buy what I understand and over the past 5-6 years I have outperformed the S&P. ZTS, V, JNJ, FDX, LUV, KO, CSX