For the first time in years..

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I seen a good sized herd of turkeys in my neck of the woods! Probably around 50-60 winter flock of hens a mile from my farm. Used to see a couple flocks of hens that numbered over 100 and a couple flocks of toms of 20-30 birds back 6-7 years ago, but something pretty much wiped them out one winter. Last winter there were more than previous years too, but this past spring was a total bust for me during hunting season. Definitely trending in the right direction for sure.

deerfever

That's Good news! I been seeing several flocks but not as big as yours driving around in my area. Buddy of mine text the other day he had 38 out in his field. Things seem to be in good shape. Makes it rough on a man waiting on April! Turkey season is my favorite time of year.

RobDooley

I seen a good sized herd of turkeys in my neck of the woods! Probably around 50-60 winter flock of hens a mile from my farm. Used to see a couple flocks of hens that numbered over 100 and a couple flocks of toms of 20-30 birds back 6-7 years ago, but something pretty much wiped them out one winter. Last winter there were more than previous years too, but this past spring was a total bust for me during hunting season. Definitely trending in the right direction for sure.
I hunt at "Grinder Switch" and Nunnely. Absolutely loaded with birds.

Latest posts