? for the .223 shooters

Jcalder

I had some I reloaded several years back. I done a mushroom test and was pleased. Shot a deer with them and was not pleased. 2 neck shots and it was still trying to get up.

Deer Assassin

no experience with them

killed 5 last year with the 70 accubond

watched a member on here shoot a deer in the neck 3 times with a 45 auto 230 gn hp and it was still trying to get up at point blank range

i would suspect they would do fine is placment is good

member on here step son killed a doe and big buck with the 70 accubond last year and his wife killed a big buck as well
another member used a 64 grain bsb nosler great sucess

nosler makes ammo with the 64 bsb

personally I love the 53 grain barnes
55 or 62 barns will work

Remington700

Killed several deer with Federal Fusion MSR through an AR. They shoot well and kill deer. They just do not bleed a lot.

Gronk

Following as this is what my 11 year old will be hunting with his first time. Didn't really want to invest in a new rifle in case it's one season and done

Gronk

no experience with them

killed 5 last year with the 70 accubond

watched a member on here shoot a deer in the neck 3 times with a 45 auto 230 gn hp and it was still trying to get up at point blank range

i would suspect they would do fine is placment is good

member on here step son killed a doe and big buck with the 70 accubond last year and his wife killed a big buck as well
another member used a 64 grain bsb nosler great sucess

nosler makes ammo with the 64 bsb

personally I love the 53 grain barnes
55 or 62 barns will work
DA, are those handloads?

Gronk

Any other suggestions on factory ammo? May be able to ride around on Sunday and check to see who has ammo. Other than that, may just shop online.

Shooting out of a 16" barrel with 1:9 twist

Duck dogn

Gronk no worries for you. my daughter (70 lb 12 year old) uses a savage axis 223 with I think 55 grain soft points in monarch from academy. I was on the fence about the 223 but as little as she is that's what I wanted her to try. At 100 yrds she's within a 3 inch group so I am very confident in her shooting. With that being said I let her make her own decision if she wanted neck shot shoulder or vitals so her favorite spot is base of neck at the shoulder they haven't went past 30 yrds yet. I've got several guns but light recoil and cheaper ammo I bought me a winchester model 70 in 223 they are deadly.

Latest posts