• Help Support TNDeer:

For Posterity

TNRifleman

Not meant to be political, just leaving facts here for posterity. I live in fear of no man or institution as I know that God is faithful and true and to fear would write Him out of the story. That being said, I see us wandering the desert for the foreseeable future. I hope I am wrong but betting I am not. I have already moved 95% of my investments to cash, hoping I can catch a ride back up in a few years to recoup some of the money I will be paying to fill up my truck with $4-$5 a gallon gas.

Today is January 19th 2021, 8 days after Biden electoral confirmation.
* Gas before the election was $1.95 per gallon, I paid $2.25 today.
* Interest rates are 2.25 percent for a 30 year mortgage. I locked in 6 months ago at 2.75%.
* The stock market closed at 30931 though we have been fighting COVID for 11 months.
* Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr 2020 was 33.1 percent and we had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. Personally, the company I work for had a record 3rd and 4th quarter.
* No new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years.
* The housing market is the strongest it has been in years, homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell well.
* Peace deals in the Middle East were signed by 4 countries
* Unemployment sits at 6.7% in spite of COVID

Presidential transition takes place on 1-20-21.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

backyardtndeer

Good post. Agree with everything you say.

Think you are probably on the low end of what we will see with fuel prices. Also fully expect that energy prices will escalate.

Omega

You also didn't hear much about school shootings or mass shootings. Look for that to change.
They will just use China Virus as an excuse, like a mentally unstable shooter would let that stop him. If/when the next one happens, and it will, it will again be because of the CCP virus and of course, Trump Supporters.

TNTreeman

The left will " set up" whatever crisis they can to promote there agenda no matter how repulsive, wait and see. Then they will try to ride in and save the day with new policies to protect us. Rinse , repeat. But hey, at least this new pres doesn't say mean things, tweet, run his mouth, or tell people to inject bleach. 🙄.

iowavf

Good post. Agree with everything you say.

Think you are probably on the low end of what we will see with fuel prices. Also fully expect that energy prices will escalate.
It went up another dime today in our town. It was right at $2 a couple weeks ago and it's $2.39 this morning.

Latest posts