• Help Support TNDeer:

Follow up Story

Weegee

I’ve been monitoring the water level of the Duck very carefully since my canoe accident. My dad and went out to the site with magnets and threw them in from the bank, but all we succeeded in doing was getting the magnets hung up. One of my dad’s buddies who has a jon boat was generous enough to take us down the river yesterday. The water was so low we spotted my stand and both rifles without even throwing a magnet. Hosed all of the above off, and the rifles are now soaking in oil in my garage. Couldn’t be more pleased about getting all that stuff back! And for what it’s worth, I now have two floating waterproof gun cases 😉

Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Attachments

• EED31805-4C50-4665-A9D5-FEDE1754991B.jpeg
    EED31805-4C50-4665-A9D5-FEDE1754991B.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 552
  • 42E7FF9A-5FD1-4CD0-BE8F-6D22408E7081.jpeg
    42E7FF9A-5FD1-4CD0-BE8F-6D22408E7081.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 465
Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Carlos

Yes, that's great to hear! I figured they weren't far from where it turned over.

Are the scopes ok? What brand were they?

Dibs on the ammo, I'm sure somebody's willing to buy it anyways. 😁

Dbllunger

Supporter
Wow, very cool that you found those. I remember your original story. Did the scopes have water inside or were they still sealed pretty well? I would assume wet but I've never submerged one.

Weegee

Both scopes are Vortex. Mine is a Diamondback, and it was clear when I looked through it. There are some wear spots, but that’s it. My buddy’s is a Crossfire, and it appears to be busted. Good thing about that lifetime warranty!

Dbllunger

Supporter
Weegee, I would be sending Vortex a note, along with some photos of the scope that survived and tell them how happy and impressed you are. Companies like to hear about their successes and who knows, you might get a new scope or two. Make it a handwritten note. It leaves a better impression.

Weegee

Weegee, I would be sending Vortex a note, along with some photos of the scope that survived and tell them how happy and impressed you are. Companies like to hear about their successes and who knows, you might get a new scope or two. Make it a handwritten note. It leaves a better impression.
That’s a great idea. Good thing I’ve got plenty of time before I need a deer rifle again...

Latest posts