Focus

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Wish more of the ice would have shown up.
New years day morning.
Think it was 5 degrees.
b37fbe6dacb408e0bae3730ad7413fba.jpg

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

JimFromTN

JimFromTN

Have you ever gotten wet when it was that cold? I was walking on a gravel bar next to the creek channel and it gave way under my feet. I went in above my waders. It seemed like bath water compared to the outside temp. I think the only reason I survived was because my outer layer froze up like ice armor and it held in my body heat. My shotgun was frozen up as well. It did not really hit me until I peeled off the ice armor and the wet clothes underneath and I was in the truck with the heat blowing on me at full blast. I think I have had more life threatening experiences duck hunting than doing anything else in my life.

Grandslam11

Grandslam11

I've have my pants freeze in the sitting position after spreading decoys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foodplot

foodplot

I fell in one morning when it was 12..... put out the dekes went to ditch the boat stepped in a hole went under to my shoulders.... my retriever was with me my two sons were at the decoys setting up....i was getting myself out of the water and trying to figure out what to do.....my dog went and got my boys...they got me to the heat....thats not a good feeling.....scary

M

Mike Belt

I went with a buddy who had a boat. We were launching and he forgot to tie the boat to the trailer and it started drifting downstream. I jumped in and filled my waders. I had no way to dry them and we were camping. I spent 2 miserable days freezing while duck hunting.