Fluted Points

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
I love hunting arrowheads and anything related to Native Americans. The thought crossed my mind "How many of you collectors out there have found a fluted point?" I have only found one in my entire life of looking and it was in 1983. My find was a fluted clovis and money could not purchase it from me. I have found several broken fluted points, but only one that was intact. If you don't mind, post a picture of your fluted points so I can dream about them.

Thanks guys,

Mudbone

I sure would post one if I had one! Lol. A friend of mine found one when we were huntin the banks of the Cumberland last week. Only one I've ever seen in person. I found one of my best points ever on that trip and it didn't make it back with me. I somehow lost it. Just my luck:(

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have one but it is snapped in half and only about an inch long. :(
All I have is the base.

My friend found a fluted clovis one time that was right at 4" long and solid black.
Beautiful point.

Rockhound

I have 2 but both are broke, i also have 2 beaver lakes and a quad that are broke
downsized_0313112041.jpg

in the dog house

Rockhound it looks like the top one was broken while it was being made. You can see where the fluting flake turned and went down through the point. I have had it happen to me while making them. Hate it to cause your 90% done when it does it!!! EWWWWWW hate that. But very nice finds!

Those are some great finds Tennrock!!!!!

Tennrock

in the dog house! said:
Rockhound it looks like the top one was broken while it was being made.

Thanks. I think the one on the bottom broke while being made also. You can see the fluting nipple on the left side/base.

The big broken one is unbelievable, 2 1/4" wide, thin, micro-flaking, would have been over 6" long.

Rockhound

in the dog house! said:
Rockhound it looks like the top one was broken while it was being made. You can see where the fluting flake turned and went down through the point. I have had it happen to me while making them. Hate it to cause your 90% done when it does it!!! EWWWWWW hate that. But very nice finds!

Your 100% correct fluting nipple is there and then it just rolls off the end. Funny thing is the other side isn't even worked

Latest posts