FLOOD is coming

Dodge Man

The rivers in my part of West TN are full and pushing out of there banks as I type. We have another 2-3" of rain coming tonight. There is going to be so much water on this end of the state that it is going to be a mess!

I hope it dose not get crazy high, but I know in the past places like Gooch and some other draw spots were really messed up! I have seen water get so hight that floating blinds flipped and some people were hunting sitting on the roof of the blind because that was the only part of the blind showing.

But it looks like those that have been praying for a flood are about to get your wish!

TNReb

RUGER":2crjzngb said:
I'm thinking I didn't make my decoy strings long enough. :(

I hate duck huntin. :D

It's not going to be fun to put new string on 900+ decoys. :D

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hawk":14r4npln said:
Forecast of the Obion River at Obion, Tn.

Where is a place to put in when you can't get under the r/r?

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrogra ... gage=OBNT1

A guy at work told me you can go farther down the dead end road that leads to Gooch and put in off the side of that road and there is a spot where the tracks are higher and you can get under that way.
I have never heard of that before though.

Another guy that has hunted there for 20+ years said they go around to the East side and come in across private land and then through the woods to get there.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
SKFOOTER":1wutxs4b said:
And at what river stage can you not get under the railroad trestle at Gooch??

I wish I had kept up with the levels last year.
There was one day we got a big rain and we had to drive through water under the trestle, but it wasn't but about a foot deep.
No clue what the river was at then though.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hawk,
Did some more checking and basically they said they put in off that road and went under the tracks on the river.
But.... it does get too high to do that too.

Hawk

RUGER":10epep0b said:
Hawk,
Did some more checking and basically they said they put in off that road and went under the tracks on the river.

If I were you I would check with someone familiar with Obion, Tn. It sits right on the river at the north end of the closed bridge and would be a much shorter drive for you.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hawk":33224m30 said:
RUGER":33224m30 said:
Hawk,

If I were you I would check with someone familiar with Obion, Tn. It sits right on the river at the north end of the closed bridge and would be a much shorter drive for you.

Not sure I follow you?
You mean put in the river there on the East side of the tracks?

SKFOOTER

RUGER":3ojb5b3c said:
Well, here is the parking lot when you first turn off the dead end road into Gooch today.

Wow.
The river stage at that point was roughly 32 feet. With no more measureable rain, looks like it should be down to around 25 feet by next Saturday.

Dodge Man

SKFOOTER":qs4a6lza said:
RUGER":qs4a6lza said:
Well, here is the parking lot when you first turn off the dead end road into Gooch today.

Wow.
The river stage at that point was roughly 32 feet. With no more measureable rain, looks like it should be down to around 25 feet by next Saturday.

Good chance of rain next Friday and Saturday

Hawk

RUGER":2x9vym8g said:
Hawk":2x9vym8g said:
RUGER":2x9vym8g said:
Hawk,

Not sure I follow you?
You mean put in the river there on the East side of the tracks?

Put in the river just a little ways from the area the drawing is held. Most likely between where the old hwy 51 bridge was and west of existing r/r bridge. I am not sure you can but it is worth checking out when you can access Gooch from the river

Latest posts