Flippin with braid ?

TN Larry

I use 20 plus lb test straight flouro or mono. I don't use braid. Some people do but I would want muddy water to hide it. I suppose that a leader would work.

milkey

20 or 25 mono or flouro work just fine for most situations ....braid will work fine except it will cut into wood and you will want to loosen drag a little to keep from breaking rod on hook set...

-DRM-

I have been fishing exclusively with braided line for the last 15 years or so. I catch plenty of fish, so I'm not to worried about spooking them, lol.

pressfit

probably 15 - 20 years with braid here.. started using it before spiderwire came out.. I love it.. mainly use 50lb spiderwire now.. i have had the same line on a reel for 3-4 years.. it faded from moss green to white..lol.. still caught fish.. when it got to fraying i would pull it off and reel it on backwards... waa laa..new line.. shattered a few rods early on and returned a few reels before I realized you had to crank on a few wraps of mono to keep it from slipping on the spool..

SilverFox

I can't see the green braid well enough to flip with it. I picked up some orange braid I'm going to flip with and either color the line or uni to uni green braid to the end of it. I've had several fish pick up the jig or bait and start swimming with it and never feel them. Had it been green braid I probably would have missed them.

Using the double uni knot you will break the line before you break the knot. Like stated earlier, back it with mono and loosen your drag to keep from breaking something.

pressfit

The worst problem ive had with the braid is that my fishing partner cant see it.. and constantly throws over my line..LOL

Twinshooter

pressfit said:
probably 15 - 20 years with braid here.. started using it before spiderwire came out.. I love it.. mainly use 50lb spiderwire now.. i have had the same line on a reel for 3-4 years.. it faded from moss green to white..lol.. still caught fish.. when it got to fraying i would pull it off and reel it on backwards... waa laa..new line.. shattered a few rods early on and returned a few reels before I realized you had to crank on a few wraps of mono to keep it from slipping on the spool..

Don't use the word spider while replying to Ruger. :D

Winchester

Braid is good for a lot of applications but 20-25 lb Mono still works well for me when flippin!

mathews338

for flipping I use 30 lb mono. I tried braid once and the line wants to dig down in itself on the spool when I set the hook or get hung on something.

Latest posts