Fletching colors

Ladys man

How do u base the colors you choose. I dnt worry about how they look i just put the brightest most contrasting colo rs so its easier to find after the shot. I use bright orange and white

TNDeerGuy

On my crested hunting arrows i use 2 white and 1 flo. green to match the flo green to white fade. On my 3d arrows, for competition I use dark colors that don't easily show up-- 2 dark blue and 1 black.

Crow Terminator

Pink & White for me too. I use to shoot all white; fletched some pink/whites up for my wife...and she sailed one over the target. I could see it from 30 yds away. Light bulb clicked off in my head and I've used hot pink/white ever since. It sucks at the ASA tournaments though...they stick out like a sore thumb in the targets and everybody guns for your arrow if you're in a good spot.

TNDeerGuy

outdoors crazy said:
why the dark colors for 3d setup?

Two reasons, but they are actually one in the same�to make it harder for people in your group and in the same class from zeroing in on your arrow and keep them from using it as a reference point to setup their shot�my fletchings are two dark blue and one black with a dark blue nock and it is harder to see than the light colors.

However, alot of 3D archers use adapters and pin nocks and in the event your arrow hits like that it will likely hit the side of the adapter and deflect off. A guy in our group got "bounced" out of the 10 and 12 rings at Cheatham last month and had to settle for 8's every time�it stinks, but that is just the way it happens.

When I shot hunter class I was notorious for using others arrows as reference points because I was using fixed pins. For example, if the distance was 37 yards and you were at the top of the 10-ring I would set my 30-yard pin on your arrow and let it drift down to the bottom of the 10-ring and try to catch a 12.

Toxophilite Phil

I read a study once that pink shows up the best. I have watched alot of hunting shows and more hunters do use the hot pink fletching and wraps. I like the idea of being able to see my arrow. Some guys have a macho image and would not shoot pink anything. If it helps me recover an animal I am not too macho to shoot pink.

Grizzly Johnson

Toxophilite Phil said:
I read a study once that pink shows up the best. I have watched alot of hunting shows and more hunters do use the hot pink fletching and wraps. I like the idea of being able to see my arrow. Some guys have a macho image and would not shoot pink anything. If it helps me recover an animal I am not too macho to shoot pink.

Just tell them you're showing support for the fight against breast cancer.....