• Help Support TNDeer:

FL 30A Vacation Suggestions?

TN Song Dog

Anyone have suggestions on where to go along FL panhandle 30A area for a possible summer trip? We have very young kids and grandmother going. Need 2br place, easy beach access (not 75 stairs), and proximity to some eateries. Across road from beach is okay.

Great if you know a particular rental unit, but mostly need help identifying a more specific area to target along the 17mi 30a stretch.

Thanks for any guidance.

redblood

That 30 A stretch is super popular as of late (some trendy bumper sticker). You can get a much nicer place if you go just bit east or west

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Mag

Anyone have suggestions on where to go along FL panhandle 30A area for a possible summer trip? We have very young kids and grandmother going. Need 2br place, easy beach access (not 75 stairs), and proximity to some eateries. Across road from beach is okay.

Great if you know a particular rental unit, but mostly need help identifying a more specific area to target along the 17mi 30a stretch.

Thanks for any guidance.
Well I'm betting PCB will be the obvious selection. We rented a AirBNB Condo at Seachelles one year which worked well. Convenient and also had a kid pool.

scn

Supporter
For the beach and lesser # of people, we like the Cape San Blas/ Indian Pass area. There are a bunch of VRBO units that meet your criteria. While there are some local eateries, we also drive into Apalachicola which is a pretty good haul. Beautiful area, and on my mind every time I buy a lottery ticket.

TNTreeman

Your wanting to go during the busiest time so it will be crowded but we like Seacrest, right near Rosemary. We get a house in view of the ocean but across the street. It's less than a two minute walk but they will come and get you and pick you up. You have your own parking places and it's just like home with all your kitchen supplies . We've stayed at the Lucky Ducky and several others on Sand Flea circle and Dolphin Loop, all were nice and had great views of the ocean.

ImThere

duckriver

For the beach and lesser # of people, we like the Cape San Blas/ Indian Pass area. There are a bunch of VRBO units that meet your criteria. While there are some local eateries, we also drive into Apalachicola which is a pretty good haul. Beautiful area, and on my mind every time I buy a lottery ticket.
This is exactly what we did last year. Only place we have found that we like as much as dauphin island

muddyboots

We usually stay in Santa Rosa beach or sunny side. It’s great. Food is awesome. Beaches are beautiful. Crowds are not terrible because very few high rise condos. Our favorite area of beach. We just search vrbo for our dates and go from there.

TN Song Dog

Appreciate everyone's input. Keep them coming if you think of others. That Rosemary Beach to Graton Beach area is where we were looking most for this trip. Will also check out that Cape San Blas area. Thanks

poorhunter

Your wanting to go during the busiest time so it will be crowded but we like Seacrest, right near Rosemary. We get a house in view of the ocean but across the street. It's less than a two minute walk but they will come and get you and pick you up. You have your own parking places and it's just like home with all your kitchen supplies . We've stayed at the Lucky Ducky and several others on Sand Flea circle and Dolphin Loop, all were nice and had great views of the ocean.
We’ve done Rosemary and Dune Allen and St George Island. For a relaxing vacation St George is by far the best. If you want traffic and tourists and eateries go to anywhere from PCB to Destin.

TNTreeman

I hate the crowds so if we go to that area it's in the fall. Sanibel is our winter go to place. My wife loves it there. I'm going to check out St Georges island sometime , heard from many that it's great.

Latest posts