Fixed full chokes

Iglow

I got a 30" fixed full barrel for my Mossberg off eBay and was wondering what results y'all had had with fixed chokes? I haven't patterned a fixed choke turkey gun since the early 80's and can't remember what it did. I'm trying to get that gun blast noise as far from my ears as I can.

Acorn

I have an old marlin pump with a 28 inch barrel that was handed down to me that I use from time to time. The best shell I found for it was the federal's with flight control wads. Great she'll in mine but you will have to see what your gun likes.

cowhunter71

All I've ever hunted are fixed full choked guns. All thats ever been needed out to 40 yards. No real Turkey Hunter would even consider pulling the trigger on one past 40 steps;)

Gobble4me757

I was in a missing slump a couple of years ago when the guy I hunt with let me use his ol 30" fixed full choke Remington with camo tape from the 70s wrapped around it. I proceeded to kill turkeys that Saturday and Sunday ams with it 😂 moral of story is while I was definitely opposed to the idea, you never know till you try it out!

Latest posts