Fishing / ski boat encounters

mike52

I was fishing Priest lake above Fate Sanders past the Weakley Lane bridge on the channel side of the bluff up river from bridge, ski boat with 2/3 guys were skiing . They kept coming closer and closer to me on wide turns. One of the skiers fell close to me as the ski boat came to pick him up , I told the driver of the ski boat that they were skiing across a huge stump row on shallow side of river, His reply was WHY DON'T YOU MIND YOUR OWN G.D. BUSINESS . So I did and after the third pass around , it sounded like a bomb went off, pilot of boat raised up outboard/ entire lower unit was GONE. I put up my rods, pulled trolling motor , cranked up and left ,Minding my own G.D. business. Anyone have other stories about asshats on the lake ?

Sam Davis

While fishing Martins creek on Cordell Hull 3 pontoon boats came through right where a older gentleman was fishing. Rudely where he was casting.He told them they was in shallow water but they ignored him.
Came my way and then turned right towards a rock pile clearly marked. I told them they was in only 2 feet of water to stay left. They ignored advice from 2 people. Like you I left.

Crow Terminator

This is why you have to be off the water by 11 am anymore, to avoid the bulk of these. It used to be that you could go through the week and not have any trouble as most of them were weekend warriors. Now you just can't get away. The weekend is still worse but through the week is as bad as the weekends were just a few yrs ago.

Attachments

• 30DD46CC-4538-428D-A9FD-75B223A56635.jpeg
    30DD46CC-4538-428D-A9FD-75B223A56635.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 145

Grnwing

Duck hunting 30 years ago.
In a canoe wearing full camo.
2 clowns in a speedboat start doing circles around me.
Pulled my shotgun out and cradled it in my arms.
They got the message.
Had the same experience down in the Everglades. Group of jerks in a ski boat circled me while paddling out from a duck hunt.

JCDEERMAN

This is why you have to be off the water by 11 am anymore, to avoid the bulk of these. It used to be that you could go through the week and not have any trouble as most of them were weekend warriors. Now you just can't get away. The weekend is still worse but through the week is as bad as the weekends were just a few yrs ago.
Yep - by 11am. That's when they usually start showing up. Dealing with them at the boat ramp at 11 is a different story, but at least they aren't full of alcohol yet.

Better yet, stay off of Priest and OH. I did years ago

MickThompson

While fishing Martins creek on Cordell Hull 3 pontoon boats came through right where a older gentleman was fishing. Rudely where he was casting.He told them they was in shallow water but they ignored him.
Came my way and then turned right towards a rock pile clearly marked. I told them they was in only 2 feet of water to stay left. They ignored advice from 2 people. Like you I left.
That rockpile is legendary and probably more prop than rock

mike52

On a funny side, I was fishing Old Hickory Lake one Sunday morning and was headed in to Shutes Branch to leave. Coming down channel I came upon a 70/80 ft yacht that was making way .Pushing 4/5 ft rollers of the stern, I ran upon the rollers and when to idle. Was surfing with my 20 ft 485 HydoSport Did this for about a half mile, as I was about deck level with the yacht and could see the cabin and and this well endowed blond chick in a black bilini come out of cabin, came over to the rail waved at me, winked, flashed a boob and went back inside WAY BEYOND MY PAY GRADE !!!!

X-Tennessean

I tried to warn the captain of the cruise ship on Barkley following me but he shot me the bird and blew his horn at me so I just trimmed her up, waved back and kept her North bound yelling "sucker"!! Lol

Sorry I cudn't resist!!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Reminds me of a story that either @scn or @woodyard told me.
Can't remember which one.
People taking turns to fish a small spot catching crappie.
Dude pulls up and basically ruins it for everyone.
I believe it was 6 shots from a .357 into his engine that let him know he screwed up. :D

Crow Terminator

I was on Watts Bar yesterday morning. I was the only vehicle in the ramp parking lot and didn't see another boat until around 9:30 and it was a pontoon off in the distance. Along about 10, I moved to a deep water tree and ran by it to see if fish were still there. They were. I threw out my orange marker buoy and started fishing it. Some time later I heard a boat behind me but didn't think anything about it. I kept hearing it getting closer and looked and saw two guys in a bass boat idling towards me. I thought they were coming to ask me something but they never looked at me....they were side scanning where my buoy was. I thought they were going to go on but no. They looped back around and the guy driving jumped up on the front deck and put the trolling motor down. Now here we are...Monday morning and their boat is the only other fishing boat I have seen on the whole lower end of the lake. And they have to stop to fish that spot because I am there? I don't get people like that. They were so close one of them snagged the cord of my buoy. I threw my arms up and said "Really?!". They never even said anything to me...pretended like I was invisible. As the one was reeling in my buoy I said, "just give me my dang buoy back and I'll leave since there's only like 60 miles or river to fish".

Spurhunter

My off days are Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I almost refuse to fish on Saturday. The jet skis, ski boats, wake boats, and floating rap concerts make it unbearable. I had to fish on Saturday a couple weeks ago and was loading up as this dude with his girlfriend and 2 new jetskis on a trailer was trying to back down the ramp. Jackknife left, pull up, jackknife right, pull up, etc. etc. etc. This ramp is wide enough for 5 boats to put in at once. I almost went over and asked him if he wanted me to back it in just to embarrass him in front of his girl, but I didn't. I got strapped down and rolled out. Far as I know he's still there. Jackknife left, pull up, jackknife right, pull up...........

WTM

california yankee neighbor 25 years ago. nice boat you got. yeah i bought it from my brother in buchannon. where you putting in? beaverdam. you ever put in there. no first time. ill give you a little warning about beaverdam. then he goes into telling me how much he knows about boats yada yada. ok have fun. he came home about 2pm minus a lower unit. lol, he didnt have insurance or enough money to fix the boat. he moved back to cali a year later and sold the boat back to his brother for a little of nothing.

WTM

i still use bouys. tip, ifin you gonna use bouys you better paint them black/green. if not might as well put up a sign, "fish here". ive been know to throw out a decoy bouy too.:)

WTM

then you have the yahoo that has 100 parking spots but blocks the ramp to fix his raggedy arse boat. there was a dude rebuilding his wheel bearings at birdsong ramp one time.

JCDEERMAN

Then you have the old days where my dad told me stories of folks coming too close to his boat and after several warnings, he threw his crankbait at the dude and it stuck to the side of his head and ear. The dude took off never to be seen again.

Latest posts