Fishing line spool holders

74MOPAR

Well as usual I over engineered, had some scrap wood. Used a piece of plastic as a "brake" to keep it from free spooling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 701

Crappieaddict

No way I am going to embarrass myself by posting a picture of my "system"! Cardboard box, run a meat skewer through one side, through the spool, and out the other side. It works!

Dbllunger

SilverFox":m14svyu0 said:
I just lay mine on the floor. Never seen a need for a holder? As long as it comes off the right direction I've never had a problem.

Lol....me too......The floor or ground or bottom of the boat has always worked pretty good for me.

Is there a reason to make holders that I am not aware of?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Dbllunger":3sp84j1w said:
SilverFox":3sp84j1w said:
I just lay mine on the floor. Never seen a need for a holder? As long as it comes off the right direction I've never had a problem.

Lol....me too......The floor or ground or bottom of the boat has always worked pretty good for me.

Best I remember the one Kirk made held tension on the line so you didn't have to with your fingers.

74MOPAR

Dbllunger":3jakxhfr said:
SilverFox":3jakxhfr said:

I used it the other night to put new line on four poles , worked pretty well for me. The plastic just puts a little tension while you are reeling and when you stop it doesn't continue to spin. The base was heavy enough it never moved.
As far as a real reason for using one probably is just personal preference, I sat in the living room and didn't have a spool bouncing around the house :D

catman529

74MOPAR":2upuxylx said:
Well as usual I over engineered, had some scrap wood. Used a piece of plastic as a "brake" to keep it from free spooling.
I like that a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bluball

Spurhunter":1afi0wy7 said:
Not homeade but I bought a Berkley spooling station on clearance years ago. Works great. Came with a line stripper too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I bought one for $10,really like it

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Pinwheeled

Y'all are making me look bad. I just screw a decking screw in a little ways in the wall of my garage. I do put a little angle in it so the spool doesn't fly off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts