Fishing Line Question

SilverFox

I'm looking at going high vis braid and a leader on stuff like jigs or texss rigs. I cant see the line well enough anymore. Braid cost more but last longer. I dont have problems with knots but it blends in on the water.

pressfit

on jig and texas rigs normally you just feel the bite..now on jerk baits and floating worms, high vis is great..
I once had a partner who (when I used the green braid) could not see my line and constantly threw over me.. aggravated the fool outa me.. we dont fish together anymore...

Crosshairy

It would work OK to use that with a leader in topwater situations, but keep in mind that you may get annoyed with certain kinds of aquatic veggies snagging onto your line-to-line knot or swivel for the leader.

I started using Sufix Tritanium in high-vis green for my main line while surf/pier fishing (with a leader), and it's worked well. It has less stretch that mono, but more than braid, so you get extra sensitivity.

go_okfishin

That is all I use. Can't find it much anymore but you can get off E Bay. I fish a lot of plastics and like to watch my line. Sometimes will use a flouro leader if water is real clear.

Latest posts