Fishing in the morning

Pilchard

It was a good day! More details later:

B36443A1-1088-480A-86FA-78E0BF7A7EA7.jpeg

Pilchard

We ended up catching somewhere between 20-30 crappie between 10 and 13 inches like the one in the picture I posted. We kept 5 for the grease and put back the rest.

We also released a handful of small bass and one catfish all from the same stump in 4 feet of water.

Can't wait to take my little guy to do it again soon!

TRIGGER

We ended up catching somewhere between 20-30 crappie between 10 and 13 inches like the one in the picture I posted. We kept 5 for the grease and put back the rest.

We also released a handful of small bass and one catfish all from the same stump in 4 feet of water.

Holy cow if he wasn't hooked before he is now!! Awesome!

WTM

so howd you like the taste of crappie?

Pilchard

It was good and I certainly wouldn't turn it down. I've had it a few times since moving to TN.

I don't think it's fair to compare it to a prized saltwater species but as far as freshwater species go, I'm a fan! Far better than a catfish, that's for sure.

WTM

yeah, cats really needs to be fiddler size blues. channels to me are too fatty and muddier tasting. small flatheads are pretty good, but ive never really caught a lot of them.