Fishing In and Around Maury County

Falconi

Howdy. I haven't fished for a couple of decades. I moved to Tennessee a few months ago. I'm interested in your advice on places to go in the Columbia area. I don't have a boat so I'll be shore fishing. Possibly float tube.

My experience is pretty varied. When I lived in South Dakota I did a lot of walleye fishing, salmon downrigger fishing (Lake Oahe), panfish, etc. Also did a lot of fly fishing in Colorado. It's been a long time since I've bank fished but I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

TNCharlie

As mentioned above, Williamsport Lakes are convenient to you - fish from a dock or rent a boat. There are lakes to fish at Montgomery Bell State Park and David Crockett State Park. There is tailwater fishing below Normandy Dam and Tims Ford Dam. Check the Fishing Guide for some regulations and what fish are available in these spots. Take some leisurely drives (if you can afford the gas! 😄) and scout these places to see what suits you. Good luck!

Pilchard

All the smallmouth and catfish you could care to catch live in the Duck River. A canoe or a jet boat is required to get the full experience but many fish can be caught from the bank... Much of it runs through a WMA so you can explore many miles of the river on public ground from the bank.

Float the Duck via a canoe rental service but go on a weekday or you will be overwhelmed by people who are not fishing. I think one is called River Rats.

Falconi

There are no fish in any of the lakes at Williamsport. You will not catch anything fishing a redworm just off the bottom. And, if you ever see a guy out there fly fishing on a stand up paddleboard, that is not me. :D

In that case I won't be there and I likely won't see you and probably won't have a fly rod in my hand.

Latest posts