Fishing at Henry Horton?

moondawg

Anyone ever fish the Duck River at Henry Horton State Park? Is this best with a boat, or can you wade and fish? What kind of lures--small (under 1/8 oz) or bigger (over 1/4 oz)? Jigs, roosstertails, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, etc.? I'm thinking about getting there early Friday and maybe fishing the Duck River inside the park. Any tips would be appreciated!

catman529

I fished there only once, from the bank and not too far upstream from the bridge, at the end of last May. Cicadas were everywhere and starting to die off. Fish must have been loaded up on cicadas because I caught nothing. Sorry I cant help, if I didn't have work friday I would consider stopping for the pre-vous and would also bring my fishing tackle. I hear the smallies are good in the duck.

BUSHRAT

It is best in a boat with a jet. There are only a few good bank spots in the park. The best place if you're not bringing a boat would be to park on the NE side of the bridge and walk down the Wilhoite Trail to the remains of the old dam. The next best place would be behind the campgrounds or if they will let you go through the golf course there is a nice shoal just West of #5 green.

As far as what to throw. You can't go wrong with 4" lizards, small craws, jigs, etc.

Another place to fish off the bank close by would be at Lillard's Mill @ Milltown.

If you're bringing a boat, you could float from Hopkins Bridge down to H.H.S.P., but be careful if you don't have a jet drive!

Latest posts