Fishing and Beer

hikertrash

Fishing and beer just go together.
However here is the dilemma, as a guy without a boat, or waterfront property, how does one make this happen. All public fishing accesses seem to be alcohol free parks/wma. Am I missing something? Are there locations in TN (Percy Priest?) where a couple of friends can enjoy a sunny afternoon on the shore with some hooks in the water and beers in hand? (responsibly of course)

catman529

I fish in the harpeth river which is smaller but has some good fishing, I get in anywhere from roadside spots to nature trails owned by the HOA to parks to friends' backyards...I've done 95% of my fishing from the bank. Sometimes the best spots are tough to get to but it's worth it when you get the fish you want.

FLIPPER

Having to drink a beer to enjoy fishing?

Being responsible? Sitting on a bank drinking beer? How did you arrive at your destination?

Sounds as if you need to find a buddy with a private pond. imo

Greenhead

A beer or two on a river bank can't be beat.
Now the ding dongs that down a half gallon of jim beam and leave their trash all over the bank need a swift kick in the a$$.

rem270

if i was you i'd find me a private pond to go to. i love drinking beer with a fishing pole in hand but only do it at private ponds and with someone driving me. beer sure as hell aint worth getting a dui over.

hikertrash

I found a spot if anyone was actually interested. Land Between the Lakes allows consumption of alcoholic beverages in your campsite, many of which are lake front. Backcountry campsites will further reduce any problems, just gotta pack 'em in (AND OUT!). A campsite gets also the added bonus of no need for a DD at the end of the day!