Fishing a decoy spread

TimberMan

What is your take on bass boats pulling up and fishing 50 yards from your spread, if that?

TimberMan

I understand it is legal to fish. But that being said, I couldnt take a pontoon boat and park it in front of a guide blind to fish or birdwatch. Mr warden would say that would be considered hunter interference. Why does the 200 yard rule not apply? I just wish we could have consistancy. If two duck hunters have to be that far apart why doesnt a duck hunter and a fisherman?

drake799

I thought that would qualify as someone interfering with your hunt. Idk why people are jerks like that Guess next time
I'd just get their boat registration number and report them

scn

TimberMan":f7ebaeem said:
I understand it is legal to fish. But that being said, I couldnt take a pontoon boat and park it in front of a guide blind to fish or birdwatch. Mr warden would say that would be considered hunter interference. Why does the 200 yard rule not apply? I just wish we could have consistancy. If two duck hunters have to be that far apart why doesnt a duck hunter and a fisherman?

There isn't a 200 yard rule with the exception of some WMAs.

TimberMan

I understand that only on specific areas the 200yards rule applies, but where I hunt that rule applies. I know that technically a group can set up on the opposite side of a tree from me if not in my blind. I was raised that if you get beat to a spot you find another spot and you dont mess up others in the process. Duck hunting has unwritten rules of respect that have been thrown away in recent years. Blind hoppers destroy our setups, fisherman dont care if they wreck your hunt, and dont dare shoot or you'll have a group sharing an anchor with you to shoot your swings or highball ducks setting in your spread. But these things just make it easier for the twra to close public access to wmas and covert to computer draws like gooch e and white oak.

Latest posts