Fished the Clinch in a downpour.

Model70Man

Took my G3 1860 CCT to the Clinch River today to make the maiden voyage and break it in with Kimberman today in an absolute monsoon. I love fishing the Clinch and bought this boat specifically for this river. The boat performed flawlessly and my fishing experience has gone up to a whole new level.

When we got to Peach Orchard it was raining but beginning to slow down. We launched the boat and headed up to the weir dam. The rain stopped at Miller Island so we made several trips up to the weir. Several large trout followed but didn't strike. I caught a couple in the short stretch to the Miller Island boat launch then the bottom fell out of the sky. We floated back to Peach Orchard and loaded up. I ended up with a Slam (Brook, Brown, and Rainbow). I can't wait to get back up there.

stik

one of my best days on the clinch it was raining so hard the river was rising and they had turned on no water.

Model70Man

I used to fish from the bank. You are very limited to the areas you can fish. Then I bought a square back canoe and put a 6hp Evinrude on it. That opened up a whole new world for me on that river. The canoe was nice, but ended up getting a 14 ft jon boat for more room and stability. Now I have this boat. I absolutely love it. Your chances of catching huge trout and numbers are significantly increase from a boat on the Clinch.

Latest posts