Fish patty recipe

catman529

Throw me a recipe or two for fish patties/cakes. Gonna grind it and/or pick it off the bones and want a simple yet good recipe. Thanks

TNDeerGuy

I normally use salmon or tuna�I don't know how it will work with our freshwater fish, but here ya go if you wanna try it. 1 pound of fish meat, 2 eggs beaten, 1/4 cup of diced celery and onion, 1 tsp of garlic, 1 tsp of pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne powder, 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning and 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix well and then mix in 3/4 tube of ritz crackers (I use the ritz garlic butter variety). Fry in skillet with a little olive oil.

Bayou Buck

TNDeerGuy said:
I normally use salmon or tuna�I don't know how it will work with our freshwater fish, but here ya go if you wanna try it. 1 pound of fish meat, 2 eggs beaten, 1/4 cup of diced celery and onion, 1 tsp of garlic, 1 tsp of pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne powder, 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning and 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix well and then mix in 3/4 tube of ritz crackers (I use the ritz garlic butter variety). Fry in skillet with a little olive oil.

You can almost use the same recipe except add potato instead of the crackers, and then coat with flower, bread crumbs, or your choice of dredge. Then fry in a little oil. This is how they do garfish cakes.

BuckWild

my great uncle and aunt lived at Open Lake for years. Aunt Eva would take all the trash fish Uncle Ben would catch in his nets and put them in a pressure cooker after they were cleaned and scaled. She cooked them until they turned to mush...bones and all. She would then put them in quart fruit jars and add one tablespoon of salt and then seal the lids. She stored them in her pantry. She made fish patties using this canned fish. She would add some flour and eggs to the fish and brown them in an iron skillet.

Make yo tongue slap the back of yo head...

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
catman529 said:
Throw me a recipe or two for fish patties/cakes. Gonna grind it and/or pick it off the bones and want a simple yet good recipe. Thanks
Steam it or pressure cook then grind. Soft bones = no picking or choking.

Crosshairy

I've done recipes like this before for grass carp (White amur). To be honest, I never thought it was worth all the trouble to eat something that tasted the same as a store-bought salmon patty.

I've never tried any with cajun seasoning though, so that sounds better.

Latest posts