Fish cooking oil question

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Normally after I cook fish I will strain the oil (peanut oil) through cheesecloth and put it back in the jug to use again later.
Just store it at room temperature.
The other day I bought a small, 1.9 liter, cooker for when it will just be me and maybe one other person eating fish. My wife will eat a few pieces like twice a year and that's it.

Anyway, since I will be cooking nothing but fish in it I had a thought.
Why couldn't I just let it cool down then set the entire cooker (minus the basket) in the fridge in the shop so when I get ready to just fry up a few pieces, I could take it out of the fridge and warm it up and be done with it?

Stupid idea, or stupid question?

waynesworld

I keep oil in mine all the time, i keep it inside but not in the fridge but wouldnt hurt the oil. You could be adding condensation to the electronics if you put fryer in the fridge. I still strain it when needs it as that keeps the oil longer. If you go to GFS they have the funnels that we used at the restaurant,

Remington700

We store oil in our fry daddy all the time. When it gets older just swap it out. As long as you have a good seal. I don't know that the refrigerator would be necessary.

Trapper John

Don't put it in the fridge. The only time I take oil out of my fryers or Dutch ovens is to filter the oil. It goes right back in until it's ready to be replaced.

WTM

yeah like the others said it wont go bad just sitting at room temp as long as its vegetable based oil. just dont forget it has oil in it and accidentally spill it all over the place. zero fun.

TiminTN

I would strain it, the particles, or breading that settles will be on the bottom when you fire it up for its next use. You will notice a burned or bitter difference over fresh oil.

Chaneylake

Normally after I cook fish I will strain the oil (peanut oil) through cheesecloth and put it back in the jug to use again later.
Just store it at room temperature.
The other day I bought a small, 1.9 liter, cooker for when it will just be me and maybe one other person eating fish. My wife will eat a few pieces like twice a year and that's it.

Anyway, since I will be cooking nothing but fish in it I had a thought.
Why couldn't I just let it cool down then set the entire cooker (minus the basket) in the fridge in the shop so when I get ready to just fry up a few pieces, I could take it out of the fridge and warm it up and be done with it?

Stupid idea, or stupid question?
We have been leaving the oil in the pots since the 1960's.
I have 2 pots that are 3(?) quart that I leave on my kitchen cart when not in use.

I have a metal frame "mesh strainer" that I put my cheese cloth in when straining the oil.
I also use this metal frame strainer to dip out my fish and fries.

megalomaniac

Peanut oil is fine at room temperature as long as you can keep dust and dirt from getting into the oil.

I dont bother straining my oil, just keep adding some fresh to my old oil as I get a bit low. My original peanut oil is over 20 years old, andI keep frying with it.. just don't scortch it. It's ruined after that.