First year for deer camp

csi-tech

This year I have 300 acres in Humphreys, a camper and two consecutive weeks off. I am going to have my wife drop me off with two weeks worth of food and clothing in addition to water, generator gas and other necessities. I will not call her until I have two whoppers on the ground. Wish me luck. :)

jcooper81

Good luck. We're doing the same this year only not being dropped off lol. First time in deer camp since I was a kid

KBotta

I really miss that. Back home (in Michigan) we only had 2 weeks for firearm season. It was a long standing tradition to have deer camp- some date back into the early 1900's. Women were not allowed at camp until the second week. We ate better at camp then at home. We had a special card game called euchre we would play. Our camp was on state land. We would pull sometimes 6 or 7 campers into a small "pull around" with a firepit in the middle. Some just showed up to shoot the bull. Ours dated back to 1990. The local newspaper even came out and did a story on us lol. pathetic old run down campers. But we never missed it. Hunting was "ok", and we had a "buck stick" we would pass around to the person who killed the biggest while at camp. They got to keep it all year as bragging rights. I never won the stick lol...
Really miss those guys. Great tradition, kids were brought up right ! :)

jetwrnch

KBotta":3vlsb2nr said:
I really miss that. Back home (in Michigan) we only had 2 weeks for firearm season. It was a long standing tradition to have deer camp- some date back into the early 1900's. Women were not allowed at camp until the second week. We ate better at camp then at home. We had a special card game called euchre we would play. Our camp was on state land. We would pull sometimes 6 or 7 campers into a small "pull around" with a firepit in the middle. Some just showed up to shoot the bull. Ours dated back to 1990. The local newspaper even came out and did a story on us lol. pathetic old run down campers. But we never missed it. Hunting was "ok", and we had a "buck stick" we would pass around to the person who killed the biggest while at camp. They got to keep it all year as bragging rights. I never won the stick lol...
Say ya to da up eh? :) I miss Yooper deer camp. "It's da second week of deer camp, and all da guys are here."

leader

I just learned what Yooper was this week[emoji1]
Buck stick, I like that, I may have to incorporate that next year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

treefarmer

jetwrnch":sop4z7eg said:
KBotta":sop4z7eg said:
Say ya to da up eh? :) I miss Yooper deer camp. "It's da second week of deer camp, and all da guys are here."

We shoot the bull but never shoot no deer... I had that audio tape and played it all the way to deer camp every year until audio tape players weren't in cars. I too hunted in Michigan 30 miles So. of Alpena at the end of a road next to a swamp in a cabin my grandpa built. I miss that camp but couldn't afford land in Michigan so I'm glad to be in TN where I can afford land and have a deer camp of our own.

Latest posts