First turkey in 8 years was a little different.

redheadshooter

Killed my first turkey in 8 years Saturday morning at 9:45. It was a jake with 3 4.5" beards! Never seen a jake with multiple beards before and thought it was pretty neat! I will post pictures as soon as I get them to my computer. Felt good to end the dry spell!

Southern Sportsman

Pretty cool. All the beards a turkey will grow are there during adolescence. So every multi-bearded gobbler killed was once a multi-bearded jake. I've never seen one either though. Congrats.

redheadshooter

Had I known there was 3 beards on him I probably would not have pulled the trigger. It looked like 1 thick beard and when I got over to look at him is when I realized it was 3. Would've loved to seen him as a 3 year old but the spell had to end!

tickweed

redheadshooter said:
Had I known there was 3 beards on him I probably would not have pulled the trigger. It looked like 1 thick beard and when I got over to look at him is when I realized it was 3. Would've loved to seen him as a 3 year old but the spell had to end!
Yea, right. I"ve heard the wind blow before. You and your brother both have a thing for short beards. You know what they say, its whatever you are familiar with. Lol I guess congrats are in order, however, I expect more from you next time.

Relentless

tickweed said:
redheadshooter said:
Yea, right. I"ve heard the wind blow before. You and your brother both have a thing for short beards. You know what they say, its whatever you are familiar with. Lol I guess congrats are in order, however, I expect more from you next time.

Hahaha shelton; it's not the length of the beard, it's how...wait; I think it is about the length. Lol.

redheadshooter

tickweed said:

Yes sir! The next one will be more impressive!

redheadshooter

Relentless said:
tickweed said:
redheadshooter said:

Hahaha shelton; it's not the length of the beard, it's how...wait; I think it is about the length. Lol.

Hey mine had 13.5" OF beardS! Just saying!

Latest posts