First Trigger Fish

BamaProud

Not the biggest, only about 18 inches, but its another first on the list. Good eating. Anybody know where they get the name "trigger" fish from? (I didn't until last week)
u7CdGU4.jpg

mike52

Don't know where the name comes from, but they are a fine eating fish.. Have teeth like a squirrel and mean when you catch them. Some Deckhands at one time say that they are trash fish just to keep them for their own but they are hard to clean

megalomaniac

Good eats!

I remember as a kid they were everywhere offshore. Caught piles, but now have become almost an endangered species the way fish and game treats them.

Sako

The best eating fish I have ever had, bar none... we use to eat them a lot 30 years ago, they were everywhere....

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
First one I caught the deckhand showed us that and I thought it was pretty cool. Then we caught another fish that basically had suction cups on the top of his head and he stuck it to the ceiling of the boat. I was amazed how the ocean fish were so different from freshwater fish.

BamaProud

First one I caught the deckhand showed us that and I thought it was pretty cool. Then we caught another fish that basically had suction cups on the top of his head and he stuck it to the ceiling of the boat. I was amazed how the ocean fish were so different from freshwater fish.

Probably a Remora. One of the toughest fish I have ever seen, a piece of one used as cut bait can last all day.

Latest posts