First time coyote hunting

DoubleTap89

I'm considering coyote hunting for the first time this year and I really don't know what the hell I'm doing. I have a mouth call but I don't think I'm doing it right (just haven't gotten around to looking up an instructional video yet.) Any suggestions on how to start out this year? Any helpful advice would be awesome.

7mmDeathPunch

I�m a Newbie myself. With that being said I�ve had a little success this year and I was just going to give you some insight on what I did to learn.

I bought a 30 dollar e-caller and a mojo critter. Those are what I use.

But where I got all of my information from was a Primos mouth call that came with a 3 hour long instructional video. The call is called the Little Dog. I�ve learned the call and bring it with me but use the e-caller most of the time.

Anyways, the instructional video that came with the mouth call gave me more information than any 4 hour long Google search session ever gave me. Randy Anderson is instructing on the video, and he is awesome and does a great job of not only teaching you calls but teaching you the ways of coyote hunting.
He goes over just about everything you would possibly need to know for your first time predator hunting.

I went out my first time after studying this video and my calls and called in a yote, and bobcat. Call it beginners luck, it might be. But the way I see it, I at least knew what to do as far as picking stands, wind direction, and call sequences. It teaches you the basics, and very well.

Here is a link to the call and DVD i used.
http://www.primos.com/products/predator ... dator-pak/

45min. to the stand

very interesting. Looks like I will be diving into coyote hunting this year...

DSC_0029_zps920fecf0.jpg

DoubleTap89

I have to say that was probably one of the best responses I've ever gotten from anyone on this site. I appreciate the time you took to help me out. I'll have to try that call and DVD. I know I got em cause I've heard em outside the bedroom window before so hopefully I can get some this year. Thanks again man