First sets for the season

recurve60#

Got my two bucks in ML and couldn't take not being in the woods anymore, so I put out my first traps of the year. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning. I cant wait to see if I have several, one or nothing. Hopefully I'll have at least one coyote yanking on a chain when I get there.

CATCHDAWG

I'm looking forward to it as well, but I still need venison. I've got my work cut out for me with beavers and I always try to put a dent in the coon population as well. I generally go after the yotes with the Foxpro though.
Good luck and tight chains!

Planking

Ive had two sets dug out. I did handle them on accident bare handed a few days prior. Now i have some smart yotes to deal with.

Trapper

Ive had two sets dug out. I did handle them on accident bare handed a few days prior. Now i have some smart yotes to deal with.
I would check to see if they was bedded good no movement at all . I believe a coyote knows we have been there no Matter how much effort we take in trying to control our odor. About 10 years ago me and the kids was out setting coyote traps, when my youngest was 7 . He wanted to do it all by himself so I let him, it wasn't long before he was rolling around in front of his set on the ground snot dripping everywhere in the dirt . I thought then those 3 set we put in prime location was going to sit for a while before anything looked at them . When we arrive the next morning only one of us caught a coyote and it was in his set after that I took a different look on how I handle things.

Planking

Yeah they were bedded good for sure. I think that's the most important part. I was always triple check that and probably over do it. Some way i always have one or two dug out and tripped every year.

Trapper

I've seen raccoons dig them out before. Could the trip be from a lure that your using that create a rolling response from a coyote . If you notice long hairs in the trap that's what happened. I was using a lure a few years ago that did that to coyotes and fox it took me a few days and a few calls to some guys to figure it out .

Shanman

I've seen raccoons dig them out before. Could the trip be from a lure that your using that create a rolling response from a coyote . If you notice long hairs in the trap that's what happened. I was using a lure a few years ago that did that to coyotes and fox it took me a few days and a few calls to some guys to figure it out .
A really skunky lure will cause rolling too, had my share starting out.

backyardtndeer

Have not been trapping for all that long, but have caught some in step down sets the past couple years. First set this year, pan covered pulled off my trap without springing it. Wore gloves, not sure what I did wrong with that set, but guessing that yote is now educated if it wasn't already.

Latest posts