Sold/Expired First Lite gear

bowhunter163

Have some leftover First Lite gear for sale . All items brand new and never worn .

2 M , 2 L , and 2 (XL) Uncompahgre Puffy outerwear jackets. $140 a piece

1M , 2L , and 1XL quarter zip Chama QZ shirts . $75 a piece

1M , 2L pair of Kanab pants . $125 each

Gravey

This is killing me as I have been looking at it on their website for a few weeks and got another email from them today. I'd love to have one of each but dang the timing's not good as I'm sure Uncle Sam is fixing to get me. What's the temp range for these items?

REN

Gravey":dj4igu8h said:
This is killing me as I have been looking at it on their website for a few weeks and got another email from them today. I'd love to have one of each but dang the timing's not good as I'm sure Uncle Sam is fixing to get me. What's the temp range for these items?

The puffy jackets are very very warm, I have the vest and it's really nice and packs very small. The charma can be used in a variety of temps and is considered mid weight. The pants are more for cold weather but can be used for cooler as well depending on the person.

REN

A word of advice on sizing though. The outerwear runs big on first lite including the charma. I had to get mediums in all mine but the llano which I have a large.

Vermin93

I'm 6'2" about 230lbs and I wear my normal size in First Lite (XL top and bottoms).

Unless the Kanab 2.0 pants have changed a lot from the Kanab 1.0, I would not consider them a cold weather pant. The Kabab 1.0 is not insulated and is constructed from a fairly durable, yet relatively thin layer of merino. I use them in warm weather with merino boxers and in cool temps with a full length pair of merino bottoms. I wore them a lot during turkey season last year when it wasn't raining. For cold weather my Kanab pants stay home. Of course much depends on whether you're mostly sitting still or mostly on the move. On an active hunt they could certainly go colder.

The Puffy is warm, but not down jacket warm. I love how light and packable it is, but the trade off is that the lightweight outer layer isn't the least bit quiet. I only hunted one really cold day this past season, and I used the Sanctuary jacket which I bought last year from Midway USA during their end of season closeout sale. It's super warm with an impressively quiet outer layer. However, it's much more bulky and heavy than the Puffy. The Puffy can work in both active and stand hunting scenarios, but the Sanctuary is really only practical for stand hunting on really cold days.

REN

Vermin93":34k8b84n said:
I'm 6'2" about 230lbs and I wear my normal size in First Lite (XL top and bottoms).

Unless the Kanab 2.0 pants have changed a lot from the Kanab 1.0, I would not consider them a cold weather pant. The Kabab 1.0 is not insulated and is constructed from a fairly durable, yet relatively thin layer of merino. I use them in warm weather with merino boxers and in cool temps with a full length pair of merino bottoms. I wore them a lot during turkey season last year when it wasn't raining. For cold weather my Kanab pants stay home. Of course much depends on whether you're mostly sitting still or mostly on the move. On an active hunt they could certainly go colder.

The Puffy is warm, but not down jacket warm. I love how light and packable it is, but the trade off is that the lightweight outer layer isn't the least bit quiet. I only hunted one really cold day this past season, and I used the Sanctuary jacket which I bought last year from Midway USA during their end of season closeout sale. It's super warm with an impressively quiet outer layer. However, it's much more bulky and heavy than the Puffy. The Puffy can work in both active and stand hunting scenarios, but the Sanctuary is really only practical for stand hunting on really cold days.

Yes you are correct in the pants I was thinking of the other pair they have.

The puffy vest IMO rivals down but not quit as warm however much more pack able and light. Also agree on quietness

All and all I really like their stuff though. I like Sitka outerwear better but it's more expensive

bowhunter163

Widowmaker":2qonnvu1 said:
Are both the Kanab L's white?
They aren't white , they are the ASAT camo which is a light brown color . The pictures do look kind of white . I'm gonna find you a picture online and see if it shows better .

This shows it a little better

Latest posts