First gobbler down!

Plateau Hunter

View attachment 133029
View attachment 133030View attachment 133035

Just an unbelievable hunt. First turkey for my 8 year old son! My 6 year old was whiny at 3:45am so we left him home with momma! Good thing because the blind I set up for them was blown away!

3 gobblers flew down right over our head real early and came in on a string gobbling the whole way. Had 3 strutters at 19 yards and finally got them split apart and raised the middle birds head and boom!

He pulled the trigger at about 6:20 which is when I heard the first gobble on Friday. I am not sure
If they heard us or what but the 3 gobblers flew down real early at around 6:10. I am sure they did since we had to find another setup within 100 yards of roosted birds. Then about 7 jakes came down and hung out in middle of field. The hens were still in the trees yelping up the ridge! Gave them a few cuts and yelps and had them gobbling on the ground. 10 mins later they were in our lap! The jakes ran in and gave him a quick whooping before running off… So proud of my son for making a great shot the bird went straight down!

I am not sure what I did to deserve this but my last 3 hunts haven't lasted more than 30 minutes and had 10 strutters in range. Got to love turkey hunting. Hope to keep this streak going because I know what it's like to be cold as ice! #blessed
Awesome…Congratulations to the young hunter…and Dad…

Latest posts