First Gobble at the House

RoyalPrudent

Heard the first gobble at the house this morning. Not that common in the area, as it's really fringe habitat. Nonetheless, i'm pumped to for season.

Southern Sportsman

You going to hunt him? I have about 12 acres of woods behind my house and a couple of small fields in front. I've seen turkeys a mile from my house, and the guy we bought it from has seen them here in the past, but I haven't seen or heard one since we bought it (2 years). If one does show up, I don't think I would hunt him. I'd rather just drink coffee and listen to him in the mornings.

RoyalPrudent

You going to hunt him? I have about 12 acres of woods behind my house and a couple of small fields in front. I've seen turkeys a mile from my house, and the guy we bought it from has seen them here in the past, but I haven't seen or heard one since we bought it (2 years). If one does show up, I don't think I would hunt him. I'd rather just drink coffee and listen to him in the mornings.
depends, if i hear him roosted near the house then I imagine i'll let one of the boys try to whack him.

Southern Sportsman

depends, if i hear him roosted near the house then I imagine i'll let one of the boys try to whack him.

Yeah, if one shows up in a few years and one of my kids asks to hunt him, I probably wouldn't have it in me to say no.

And just FYI, I wouldn't fault you one iota if you killed him yourself opening day. I was just curious.

RoyalPrudent

Yeah, if one shows up in a few years and one of my kids asks to hunt him, I probably wouldn't have it in me to say no.

And just FYI, I wouldn't fault you one iota if you killed him yourself opening day. I was just curious.
On opening day I'd rather be someplace I can hear ten birds gobbling.

Newt

X2 same way we treat our house and farm

Latest posts